Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sneaky weekend resort advice.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am now thinking about doing the PdS circuit on Saturday from Morzine. Can anyone confirm that all of the pistes are open at present.

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@JoyZipper, you'd be best to ask that question on the PDS thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=112662&start=360
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@JoyZipper, reports recently of the circuit being done. I can't imagine where they'd be any problems.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

My guestimate on reduced piste times for other "Northern French Alpes" are;

- Avoriaz 75mins less
- Morzine 45mins less
- Les Contamines 45mins less
- Les Gets 30mins less
- Megeve / St Gervais 30mins less
- Chamonix 30mins less
- Morillon 15mins less
- Samoens 15 mins less

Yep bit of GM bias there. GVA-Les C never takes us more than 75 mins (unless you are at leak time with toll queues which would effect Les Carroz too) and we've done it in 60. You can take off 10 mins for St Gervais. And consider that the drive to both is easier in bad weather than Les Carroz let alone Flaine which I did recently (basically more of the journey is on motorway and the only switchbacks are at lower altitude).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cham-GVA in normal traffic 1 hour. 45 minutes from our old apartment.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Where @JoyZipper, did you decide to stay?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stay in a hotel in Sallanches. A range of possibilities. Very easy drive to a range of resorts.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks guys - I tweeted PdS and they confirmed that the full circuit is open. I haven't booked any accommodation yet - plenty of time for that - flight is 6.45 am on Friday !

Hiring a car so may sleep off the mountain (Cluses/Magland/Sallanches). I also may try to ski one of the GM resorts on either Friday afternoon or Sunday morning.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@JoyZipper, given your time constraints, I'd sleep near a lift. Cluses, etc all add 30-40 mins each way to travel.

Also Saturday and Sunday traffic.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Seemed to be plenty of reasonable accom in Morzine when I looked.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name wrote:
@JoyZipper, given your time constraints, I'd sleep near a lift. Cluses, etc all add 30-40 mins each way to travel.

Also Saturday and Sunday traffic.

Noted.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@JoyZipper, head to Les Gets would be my suggestion and stay there, approx 1hr, 60kms away from Geneva and plenty of skiing there on the Fri/Sun with Avoriaz and Morzine linked up for Saturday....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It was full on "Ski Nazi" mode and I managed to fit in 4 hours skiing in Les Carroz d'Araches on Friday afternoon, first lift from Morzine and a full circuit of the PdS on Saturday followed by first lift and three hours skiing back at Les Carroz on Sunday.

Weather and snow was excellent (apart from Saturday morning poor visibility). So about 15 hours skiing was a good effort I think.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy