Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

52 ideas for fun on the slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone read this new book by Cathy Struthers and does it add anything to our knowledge?

52 ideas...

If you've already read please post a review here Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hibernia, What a disappointment Crying or Very sad . I thought you were going to give us 52 ideas for fun on the slopes and all you give us is an advert for a book Evil or Very Mad

So I guess it's up to us.

1. Tell the show-off ("I'm the fastest Razz ") skier in your group that you're all going right where the piste splits. Then, when he/she's wizzed off, all go left Twisted Evil .
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maggi, sorry maggi, but I see that I've got your attention!.

Ok you seem to havethe idea as how this thread is to progress :

2. Identify the problem skier in your group - you know the one that is always pfaffing about with gloves, glasses adjustments, etc. and the one who says " sorry you guys are goin' too fast " when in fact they are unfit and should really be in basic ski-school.

How to lose them - at the first coffee break ( 11:00am ) quietly swap one of their rented skis with another of the same brand from another group that clearly does not fit them all. When your group are setting off the problem skier will have difficulty in getting into their bindings. Feign ignorance. It will come as a surprise to them that there is a problem with their rented skis. By the time the other person with the swapped ski emerges from the coffee break you will hopefully be far away. Evil or Very Mad ( no, I have not done this, although it has ben tempting on occassions ).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
hibernia, it seems as if you are not skiing with the right people, to want to lose them, wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dunk, You're not playing the game. Number 3 please!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
maggi, ok I will try?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maggi, 3 hmmm the rental shop?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dunk, You'll have to do better than that Shocked . I'm off to bed now so you've got all night to think Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
maggi, accepted, Sad maybe too much of a gentleman to be rude to the less able, or spending too much of my time guiding around the mountains.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Try to lurk around in the background of other peoples holiday snaps Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pose on the webcam Razz

http://www2.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=12268
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
4. Amuse yourself on chairlifts by playing spot the most ridiculous 1 piece - I recently saw a fake fur trimmed Bognor type effort in a purple velour type fabric - lovely
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
5. Pretend you are on ski sunday, by setting the ringtone on your phone to the ski sunday theme tune and then having someone call you as you fly down the slope... It's remarkably fun....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
6. When you see a boarder who is obviously on a slope way too hard for him, and is scraping off all the good snow, whip by him and shower him with your rooster tail Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
7. I can't believe no-one has added the old trick of tapping your skis together whilst on a chairlift to shower people below with snow from your skis/boots........... or is that just me Embarassed
ski holidays
8. position yourself in a cafe / bar with good view of black run and play "which single ski matches which bouncing body"
Ok so it's not on the slopes but can be good fun
snowHead Twisted Evil
snow conditions
9. Pile up snow on the tip of your ski, then flick it down the neck of the person next to you by tapping the tail hard on the snow.

Took my mate a whle week to realise that the tapping the tail bit was the secret - he fell over about 5 times trying to 'throw' the snow.
ski holidays
rob and sharon,
Quote:

8. position yourself in a cafe / bar with good view of black run and play "which single ski matches which bouncing body"
Ok so it's not on the slopes but can be good fun

I like that one, on the ziel shus and last jump of the lauberhorn there is a great view from the innerwengen chairlift bottom station. Loads of people take great delight in watching people make a complete mess of getting down, (Sadly I have on a couple of occasions too, much to my embarracement - Embarassed )
latest report
10. Hockey stop by the person in your group who's stacked it, spraying them with the white stuff...
ski holidays
11 - Sing, very loudly, and very off-key*

*Optional (for everyone but me)
ski holidays
12. Ski across all the tails of the skis of a learning group while they are watching their instructor.

(then ski away *really* fast)
ski holidays
13. On oncoming chairs, usually on the top of the mountain between resorts/areas, try and guess the nationality of the occupants in the oncoming chairs by shouting greatings to them in a variety of languages.
latest report
14 - Scan the walkie talkie channels for a conversation in English (or other language you know), then interrupt with useful suggestions like "Great we'll all meet up in the [somename] Bar, or "Oh god, Johnny's just fallen down a crevasse!" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
15 - Ski down the zig zag road bit of a red run, and then shout up to your mates that you've skied the direct route and the bumps aren't as bad as they look
snow report
16, Shaggin in the Gondola Very Happy
latest report

I am a particular fan of the less-well-known game:

"What animal on skis am I?"

True, once you've done Elephant, Rabbit / Kangaroo and Chicken your options are limited but it can certainly provide a degree of entertainment on a long blue track.
snow conditions
18 See who can get their tongue stuck to the frozen metal on a chair lift and then see who can get it off before the top (tip...go second not first)
snow conditions
19. board up behind skiiers clearly on a run too difficult for them and graunch the ice right behind them.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
20. human slalom on the piste - get a group of 8 people to line up in the centre of the piste ( usually a boring blue run ), they should be equi-distant speaced out down the piste. The one at the rear skies through the " human slolom " and lines up at the front and so unil the end of the piste.
latest report
21. how far can you ski backwards before coming a cropper?
snow report
22. During the night after a few drinks replace one of your mates boot liners with one 4 sizes smaller (bought from a charity shop), then try very hard not to kill yourself laughing as they attempt to get their boots on in the morning Twisted Evil
snow conditions
23. Hold a "52 fun ideas for the slopes conversation on lifts"
latest report
24: Have a 'sword-fight' with your brother uding your ski-poles, whilst still managing to ski down the slope. James Bond theme compulsory.
ski holidays
25: Get off the chairlift and stand there pretending to be off-balance, waving ski poles around like a novice. Laugh as the hapless occupants of the next chair try and dodge around you. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
26. Secretly set off some stink bombs in a crowded cablecar and watch the ensuing reactions. Twisted Evil
snow report
27. Carry out Solent coast guard conversations over the radio.

1st party: Solent coastguard, solent coastguard ths iss yacht rival star, rival star, rival star requesting radio check over.
2nd party: Rival star this is solent coastguard radio load and clear over

carry on with different calls.

Hey it was funny at the time....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy