Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hemel Freestyle

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey Guys,

Traditionally I am a mainly piste/off-piste skier, no real backcountry, and a small amount of park exposure

I'm happy skiing switch, doing straight airs and simple grabs (like safety grabs), but I want to start to learn more advanced Freestyle skiing, for example 360s and rails

I live relatively near to Hemel and wanted to start going to the Freestyle coaching lessons on Thursday evenings. They have the Freestyle Fundamentals, and the Freestyle Coaching clinic. Unfortunately they don't give a huge amount of info on what is covered in each on their website. I rang them and spoke to a girl who tried to be very helpful, but wasn't able to provide much more info.

Wondering if anyone here has any experience of them, and could recommend which one to go with?

Thanks all!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Bennisboy, can't help with hemel but Welcome to snowHeads!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thank you sir!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bennisboy, Have a look at the courses offered by Maverix and Definition. Can't comment on their skiing as a darksider, but I've done Definitions Freestyle course and have heard good things about Maverix from others.

Oh, and welcome to Snowheads. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@Bennisboy, Have a look at the courses offered by Maverix and Definition. Can't comment on their skiing as a darksider, but I've done Definitions Freestyle course and have heard good things about Maverix from others.

Oh, and welcome to Snowheads. snowHead

The opposite for me, not used Definition but have used Maverix a few times. In fact my daughter is on a private session with Sian from Maverix this Friday at Hemel.

Like Richard, I've only used the for boarding though there have been skiers on the same course.

I'm sure you'll be fine with either.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Bennisboy, I don't teach freestyle, but fundamentals is likely to be instructing, things like switch, basic jumps, with the instructor working with the group rather than individual.

Coaching works more on your own, you can say you want to work on something particular then the instructor will give you advice on what to do, maybe demo, but let you work on it yourself.

I would imagine coaching is probably what you need.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I decided to go with the Freestyle Coaching Clinic, I figured I'd rather push myself for 90 mins, that feel like I've wasted 90 mins being taught how to ski backwards and how to do a basic pop.

I'll report back my findings (and injuries) in case anybody is facing a similar dilemma in future!

Also thanks for the link to the day long courses, may consider one of those depending on how tonight goes Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hello peeps!

Went along last night and it was definitely the right class. There was only three of us in it, but the instructor was good and had us all progressing at our own rates.

Started off with a simple kicker to practice pop. Moved on to a few different grabs which was fun, then progressed on to hitting the boxes. After we got that down, we moved on to 180s off a kicker, then I tried some 360s and couldn't quite get it down.

Might go along to a couple more, and hit up freestyle nights myself as well to get some practice in
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
glad it worked out for you Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy