Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

quechua boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
does anyone have any experience with Decathlon / Quechua snowboarding boots? They seem good value for the specifications they have (was gonna look at the RnX9 or RnX Replica). Heading to Val thorens this weekend so was going stop and try them on, on the way. But it would be nice to see if anyone had anything good or bad to say about them...
Otherwise, for a beginner to intermediate level any recommendations? and what do the prices tend to be like over in France - similar to say TheSnowboardAsylum?? All I've tried on in shops has been the Burton Moto and Freestyle (not a great range available in Ireland) but I found both of these to be a little soft for my liking.

Cheers for any help,

Donogh
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey Donogh...

fraid I cant comment on the boots mentioned... other than I've never heard of them. Prices probably vary from resort to resort.. but I was in Avoriaz over Xmas and found boots there to be more expensive, but not by alot, han the ones I tried here in the UK.

Very hard to make recommendations on boots as it's all related to your footshape etc. different boots suit different people. I was set on a pair of Salamon Synapse or Vans BFB's but after a trip to TSA I ended up with a pair of celsius climates due to the width of me foot.

If your choices are limited in Ireland, maybe France is your best bet.. though some resort shops might have a limited range in each shop... so a lot of treking about to find the best pair.. then again not been to VT so maybe someone else here can give better advice.

Boots and bindings are the first and second most important part of your kit .. though a board helps as well Very Happy (IMO)

Welcome to SnowHeads !!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
donoghb, welcome to snowHead

If anyone wants a link http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN//Product_arborescence/MOUNTAIN/SKI-SNOWBOARD/Snowboard_equip/Snowboard_boots/index.html

You'd be better off hiring until you are up to lower "intermediate" as beginner stuff you'll have grown out of by the end of the week. Pretty pointless IMHO to buy anything rated "beginner". Boots are all about trying them on, so get yourself to a store and try the fit, also if you have bindings make sure the boots fit the bindings well Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can't comment on the boots but I bought their goggles for £20 for my trips to Alpe D'huez and Lake Louise last year. They were good quality and served me very well. Nothing wrong with them apart from the durability. You see, when I fell off the box rail in the L. Louise park they broke. (I did land on my head though). Decent goggles, not sure I'd risk the boots to be honest though.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you're gonna spend money anywhere, spend the money on good boots, it's worth it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought a pair of their cheap ones.....I figured for £35 that I couldn't really go wrong!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I just bought a board bag for two boards from decathlon. i didn't realize that they had shops in the uk.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I bought a pair of their cheap ones.....I figured for £35 that I couldn't really go wrong!!
Dirty great blisters halfway down the mountain, that's what Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bad Idea right now. We take Kharine's boots, remove the logo, put them on something else and off she goes. 2007/8 all will be well and at the right price. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Richie, I made sure that they fitted and were comfy Madeye-Smiley
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy