Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Laax

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

First post here, though been skiing on and off for a few years. Off to Laax on Friday, anyone got any recommendations and/or know of the current conditions?

TIA
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skanky, I was skiing an hour away from there last weekend and the conditions were fantastic. An ex pat ski bum (now a local instructor) I did a couple of runs with called it "orgasm on snow".

I've been to Flims a couple of times and like the area a lot, really underrated, but getting more popular all the time. The only real downsides are a lack of nightlife and (unless I just have really bad luck) high winds that can close down 80% of the lifts on a fairly regular basis.

Enjoy!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that. My Dad calls that stuff "squeaky snow" which I guess may be two ways of saying the same thing Very Happy

The lack of nightlife is not too much of a problem, as in the past we've generally found one (or two) decent bars and pretty much stuck with them for the week (we did this especially so in Val d'Isere and Cervinia). Any more would be a waste.

I've noticed the high lifts get closed on a reasonably regular basis due to wind (you can bet I've visited the Alpenarena website daily this last month), but hopefully we'll be lucky.

We've not got a car, but I hear there are some nearby resorts that are worth visiting. Do you know if they're easily do-able by public transport (we may not bother, but it's worth knowing)?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not too sure, we always had a car but stayed in Flima/Laax anyway.

Resorts nearby are Davos/Klosters and Aosta Valley that I know about, but not sure of length of the drive between them. I'd guess less than an hour (if pressed) Neutral
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flims - Davos takes about 2.5 hours on public transport Sad

Check out http://www.rail.ch/index_e.htm for more details.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hello all, jujst got back Sad

Didn't bother visiting anywhere else - didn't need to.

Marc, I think youy mean Arosa as Aosta is in Italy.
Been to Davos for the weekend before, from Zuerich.

Nearby resorts include Obersaxon (35 mins), the one above Chur and various others around there. It's also near Ilanz and the Post bus goes to/from Chur and Ilanz. You're then on the rail system.

The RhaetischeBahn runs from Chur through Davos, Klosters and I think Lenzerheide.

Anyway, if anyone's visiting Flims/Laax/Falera anytime, I recommend the Schittelplausch (tobogganing evening) - though wrap up warm and get some tobogganing in early before the lift closes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy