Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rest of the season what to do.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
All

A change in my circumstances mean I'm now free. I need a change of scenery and to get my mind of things at home so I'm think of taking myself away and finishing off the season.

Does anyone know of good places to base yourself etc and what would be best.
Additionally, and I know it's a bit late but Does anyone know if there are any jobs out there just to keep cash flow ticking over, or in exchange for bed and board etc?

Appreciate all responses.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

finishing off the season

Finishing? It's hardly started. Happy

If you want a job I would put together a CV and email all the chalet companies, about now they'll have lost or fired a few folks who weren't up to the job over xmas and New Year, you *might* get lucky, depending on your skills/experience. Also check Natives for job ads.

As for a place to go, the world is your oyster! If you really have no preference then avoid the big name resorts because they are full of people like you looking to ski and earn a bit of cash where they can. Do you speak any languages? If so that would be your first criteria.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @sah,

I'll put it together now, although my last hospitality work was a couple of years ago. I'll get on it.'hopefully something crops up!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dzmarc, See if Skiworld have anything. Son#2 did a season with them and found them good to work for. Had a number of broken workers at this time of year, or people who had jobs open up in the UK. Best of luck. Let us know how you get on.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good luck @Dzmarc.

Hope you get something, as I would love to know if this is possible............assuming I don't win the lottery tonight wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@cad99uk, thanks I'll have a look. My German may need brushing up on though.

@kiteman69, obviously! I'll feed back.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dzmarc, if you have some hospitality experience and even rusty German I'd look at places in Austria, e.g. Schladming, Ischgl, Kitzbuehel etc - anywhere where there are British tour operators really. St Anton is fantastic, but everyone knows that so jobs will be harder to find there. Most Austrian's you meet in the main tourist resorts will speak fluent English so you can get by, but any language skills will be a help in finding a job.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Dzmarc, you'll also be into the first wave of injuries. I'd take a bar job over most chalet companies any day.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
@Dzmarc, you'll also be into the first wave of injuries. I'd take a bar job over most chalet companies any day.

Having worked for chalet companies for a few seasons, and worked in bars, I tend to agree, but either would be good. It obviously depends on the specific job, but chalet work can be good fun and the 'free' accommodation / lift pass etc makes it pretty easy to get sorted, with bar work you likely have to fond a place to stay for yourself, plus it is easier to find chalet work from the UK if you're not too worried about where you go. With most bar jobs you'd need to be there in person and have good local language skills (except maybe in places like Meribel, Val, St Anton where English-onky will work in a lot of places).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I once ordered drinks in Meribel in my best French only to be met with a complete blank. She didn't speak even GCSE grade D French. Id only ordered a few beers. rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
I once ordered drinks in Meribel in my best French only to be met with a complete blank. She didn't speak even GCSE grade D French. Id only ordered a few beers. rolling eyes

Yep, did the same in the Mark Warner hotel in St Anton. German rather then French, but I might have had more luck speaking French come to think of it. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w wrote:
I don't know why this drives me into a rage, but it always does in those resorts mega-patronised by Brits.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@sah, good points
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle wrote:
pam w wrote:
I don't know why this drives me into a rage, but it always does in those resorts mega-patronised by Brits.

you will of course be familiar with this (but worth a re-post)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/skiing-videos/11984459/The-most-annoying-things-Brits-do-in-ski-resorts.html
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks @bertie bassett, that cheered me up Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy