Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Regrets, I've had few

Poster: A snowHead
1) Chilling by myself on a slow beginners chairlift in Tignes Le Lac and being pinged out having not realised I was at the top. Ouch!

2) Getting sh it faced in Tignes Le Brev and missing out on a days bluebird powder skiing. I was led astray!

3) Running out of petrol driving overnight to the Alps. Don't feckin ask!

4) Standing barefoot in a pool of vomit on the Snowtrain. Eugh.

So come on folks, spill the beans on your skiing faux pas's that if you had your time again....

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 9-01-16 21:25; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Falling of the Magic Carpet in Val Thorens.

The fact I had fat skis and an airbag on made me look even more of a w@nka Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
did have a rather impressive chunder whilst on a chair lift in Kitzbuhel, was like a scene from the exorcist
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Clipped the odd adult or child as an out-of-control beginner.

Ski boot slipped on a wet tile in a cafe the other day and I did a karate kid style scissor kick landing flat on my back.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
After a big night out, waking up in the morning with a broken nose and no idea how it happened Confused
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thankfully not me but a friend of mine. Issued a pair of Rossignol skis and after being told, actually went back to the hire shop to ask for a left and right pair as both his had R for right on the tips.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not doing more skiing...obviously! snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Or, if you'd rather: things you should have really regretted but definitely didn't. For example over Christmas I'd literally done a couple of turns on the piste off the top of the Aiguille Rouge when I ended up straddling the rear of a young and very gorgeous French lass. After bidding her a quick bonjour, I slid back a little and on the down the slope. Even the missus saw the funny side.

Add to that the first time I ever went skiing my mate was going for two weeks and said "maybe you should just go for one, you may not like it". I went for two and no regrets whatsoever!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JamesN wrote:

The fact I had fat skis and an airbag on made me look even more of a w@nka Very Happy

Hehe, makes you look like a w@nka regardless of the circumstances Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Falling in that damn marmotte hole.

Also on one chairchift I was doing so much manspreading I knocked my ski off against a pylon.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dave of the Marmottes, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Getting a van stuck in an underground car park in Val.

The height bar did not match the actual car park.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Getting wasted and missing a day of skiing in La Plagne. Having spent a not small amount of money to go skiing for 6 days it was highly regretable to lose one of them as a result of drinking, something which I can easily do in the UK.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not putting on suncream in April in Andorra and missing a bluebird day through sunstroke.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No names, no pack drill.

Goes on tour stays on tour.
snow conditions
Snot bullets on a chair lift. In the wind.

Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
Ski boot slipped on a wet tile in a cafe the other day and I did a karate kid style scissor kick landing flat on my back.

did the self same thing in a very upmarket mountain restaurant in Hinterglemm two years ago. it was like a 5* hotel, Only i was in the loos, all granite and flashy, zipped myself back up, turned round to wash my hands and down like a sack of poo poo! it was like a scene out of the Pink Panther when they get stuck in the sauna Laughing The two germans in the loo just looked at me and rolled their eyes and virtually just stepped over me and walk out. not very cool rolling eyes
snow report
driving into a car park with fully loaded roof box...

driving out without it, minor height issue!
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
driving into a car park with fully loaded roof box...

driving out without it, minor height issue!

V nearly did this but stopped just in time BUT! I'd already driven into the access lane ahead of about four French cars and they all had to reverse to let me out
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
On my first visit to Morzine I had an attack of 'first night nerves' and drank far too many carafes of house red.
I decided that it would be a good idea to take a run up at a long stretch of ice to gracefully glide along it like we used to on the old school playground many years ago (probably not allowed now).
I ran and made it onto the ice and slid about 10cm's before going A over T and breaking several ribs- very painful ski holiday followed!
snow report
sequoiaboard wrote:
Thankfully not me but a friend of mine. Issued a pair of Rossignol skis and after being told, actually went back to the hire shop to ask for a left and right pair as both his had R for right on the tips.

One of the lads I worked with told his brothers mate (from Middlesbrough) that he would have to get a passport to join them on a trip to the Lake District as it was in Scotland, he actually went to the post office to get the forms!
snow conditions
All the drag lifts I've ever fallen off especially the Rauz t-bar with a massive queue all scrambling for the last lift up to St. Anton. Embarassed
snow conditions
Paying for ESF group lessons in Tignes.

Adding up the cost of a ski holiday once, after I'd done it. Ruined the entire holiday for me.

Trying to teach my 4 yr old skiing (when I'm only a poor-technique red-runner myself). With all the shouting and tears, I'm amazed she wasn't put off for life.

Going for a major ski jump while on a school trip with no training whatsoever. The instructor taking the more advanced group who were actually waiting to use the jump apparently gave a Gallic shrug and said "Look, 'e will crash." She was right.
ski holidays
Managed to be the first person out of the first cable car at Nordkette on a stormy powder day with 50+cms new snow. Fell over on the first turn as I couldn't work out the slope angle with the visibility. Rest of the gondola shot passed me within 20 seconds and the slope was tracked Mad

One of the chairlifts at Nordkette was really low to the ground in a bumper snow year. Just after sitting down I reached up to pull the bar down, which caused my ski tips to drop... and pear into the snow, dragging off the lift. Nearly did the same again the second attempt too - lifty was pissing himself! Embarassed
ski holidays
@Layne, I believe one of my party (who shall remain nameless) can trump you on (4). Sitting in a pile of vomit, with some in hands too, in Eurostar standard premier! Those damn free small bottles of wine.
snow report
Not starting skiing until I was 25, and not starting powder skiing until I was 40.
snow report
Wanting to become a snowboarder prior to my first lessons, thankfully the Old Man nudged me to skiing Toofy Grin

@Orange200, Despite me slagging of their off-piste safety in another thread I actually had 2 very good instructors in Tignes during my first couple of skiing weeks.
snow report
Telluride, at the top of a small snowfield with 1/2 foot of fresh powder, explaining to my partner (at the moment) which landmark to stop and exit the field (because below that there's no exit). I scouted that route the day before, both from the ground and from the lift.

3 skiers and 1 boarder came by. They were from our larger group. I greeted them pleasantly, with the intention to explain the same again. They ignored s and drop into the field. The inexperienced boarder side slip the whole slope and trashed all the powder!

Regret? Perhaps I should have just drop in and let my partner figure out what NOT to do.

The next 30 minutes, on our 2nd AND 3rd lap of that same route, we watched that same group trudging in thigh deep snow on an UPWARD incline making their way out of the area they ventured into. The boarder sinking into her waist on each step.

They did NOT exit the field as we did.

(last week at Snowbird, I saw another patch of untouched snow that ends in some trees. Not having scouted the exit, I let the powder remain untouched. The image of that group of skiers at Telluride came to my mind)
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Years of footballing, skiing and snowboarding. Never had a serious injury. Stood still in a lift queue, slipped on some ice and smashed my arm to smithereens. I could have at least done it doing something impressive.

Even more annoyed the following year when I broke my foot walking down the stairs in our ski chalet Evil or Very Mad
latest report
PowderAdict wrote:
Not starting skiing until I was 25, and not starting powder skiing until I was 40.

Not starting skiing until I was 60 !

Survived my first weeks skiing unscathed - took hire skis and boots back to shop and met others in the group when we decided to go ice skating.

I had skated quite a bit some 40 years previously and may have been showing off (!) but I fell backwards on the ice and split the back of my head open.

Met the rest of the group in a bar after and they had run a sweepstake on how many stitches I had ( 8 ) - and the doc had said that as there are not many nerves in the back of the head I didn't need a local anaesthetic. (Ouch !)
latest report
Jnr kicked off one day at having sun cream put on, so insisted he put it on himself. He had to spend the rest of the week looking like someone had tattooed his face with red ink in the style of a Union flag.

Being invited out by the younger lads who we were sharing a chalet with for a night out after Jnr and the OH had gone to bed. I have no recollection, but it turns out I got kicked out of a place for taking my shirt off and swinging it round my head. Then when I got back I proceeded to trail vomit from our room through the chalet to the shared toilet. I then missed the next day's skiing - this wasn't so bad though as it was about 25C and conditions weren't great.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 9-01-16 22:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@codyaitch, It's not held you back since. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
A bottle of Lemoncello and 10 14-year old girls. Definitely my biggest regret.
ski holidays
Good evening Mr Glitter wink
latest report
@Mosha Marc, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
A bottle of Lemoncello and 10 14-year old girls. Definitely my biggest regret.

Not sure I want to know Very Happy
snow report
Thinking that drinking shots of Flugel through my nose on an EOSB was a good idea.

Two hours later thinking that making caramelised pears was a good idea.
latest report
Complaining that the miserable old French liftie geezer wouldn't let me ride the drag lift again, after I'd fallen off on a snowboard for the 6th plucky time. The attractive young ticket office manager replied 'Oh, you mean my father'. Embarassed
ski holidays
Not having proper lessons much much sooner ... I could've been half-decent by now Embarassed
snow report
Both arms clinging to a T-Bar in Kitzbuhel will haunt me forever, FOREVER!! Embarassed Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy