Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone Interested In St Anton for £250inc Leaving this Sunday?

Poster: A snowHead
I've got a chance of a really good deal if I can Get 10 people on this today! Shocked

I know it's short notice but leaving Gatwick Sunday 15th Jan
St. Anton
Chalet Board inc food, wine etc.

£250
This price includes All flight supplements, taxes, transfers etc. This is what u will pay.

I know there are a few very cheap deals knocking around for some of the smaller resorts or harder to let properties but St Anton is world class; one of those to 'tick off your list' (if u have a list Wink ).

I need to know fast though. Post here or PM me.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 12-01-06 13:54; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
admin, rolling eyes more spam wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Actually boredsurfin, you're right: this is in the wrong forum isn't it.

I'll move it to 'trips' where it isn't spam!
Thank you for your kind reminder NehNeh

Now, do u want to come to St.Anton this weekend?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
admin, You know, I would if I could!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Admin - please check your PM
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
... and be sure to invite him.

He's crap at skiing, but good at ping-pong
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin wrote:
I've got a chance of a really good deal if I can Get 10 people on this today! Shocked

I know it's short notice .....

Your not kidding. I'd have bitten your arm off if you had given more time - fantastic deal.

Now what have you got for St Anton in March?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can anyone give me £249, and a lift to Gatwick?
If so, I'm in!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Im not in but what Chalet is it & what Company & I will tell you if they are crap, really crap or direstraits?
How long is the trip i.e nights versus days skiing ?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Why, aren't there any OK, good or excellent ones stanton?

It's a week ie. 7 nights. 9AM dep from Gatwick so if all goes well we might get half a day on the slopes on Sun. So 6 or 6 1/2 days snowTime.

Would this help Nick?
Quote:
Dear Nick's Boss,
Nick can't come to work today because he feels a bit funny.
He keeps having funny turns and then falling over.

He'll probably take about a week to get better.

Love from Nick's Doctor.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
9am dept Gatwick into Innsbruck you may get an hour on slopes. Zurich or Munich no chance.

There are probably OK & Good or Excellent but you will pay alot more than £250.

Genrally the cheaper end hire crap to useless chalet staff imported from Australia,Sweden,UK,Denmark whos only mission is to ski & drink. Turnover of staff in these places is HIGH.

Pesonally I hate the Chalet concept. First of all you do not know who your going to end up sitting round the table with & once your there your pretty much stuck with it all week. 99.99% of the time all the clients are people from your own country. Theres no social interaction with others nationalities,cultures etc.

Worse of all is, that these Chalet companys take vaulable revenues away from the locals. I know people will say that the Chalet Staff buy there produce locally but this is generally from a multinational chain (Spar) and no locals see this.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well aren't we a little ray of sunshine this afternoon stanton? Laughing

Obviously one would normally have to pay far more than £250 for a package like this, the brochure price is well over double this. We are benefiting from the fact that the departure date is so close. I'm going with a few friends anyway but I ws offered a bit of a bonus if I filled the place. The company has a good rep and as someone who has many years experience of skiing on the cheap, I have no doubt that it's a bargain.

I've used chalets a great number of times and have never found myself at a table with anyone I was unhappy to share a meal with; perhaps I'm less choosy than u Wink
Quote:

Worse of all is, that these Chalet companys take vaulable revenues away from the locals.
Well, this is the same old global economy / international movement of labour bah blah that can spring up in any thread at the drop of a hat and I'd rather this topic wasn't diverted in that direction, thank you.
But, as far as interaction with other nationalities goes, I know that I, a Brit, will be there with a Kiwi and an Indian at the very least so I think 3 continents covered so far isn't bad eh?

Anyway, thank you for your offer to appraise our accommodation for next week but I somehow get a sense that you wont give me quite the most objective opinion - I'll pass on your regards to Spar wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
admin, would love to u but alas i can't............ Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dan, we can personalise the sicknote that we did for Nick Zotov for u, if that helps Wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
admin,

Quote:

I'll pass on your regards to Spar

No need Im back out here right now Very Happy
snow report
admin, not sure i could even contemplate getting away with it wink I guess i'll just have to wait an extra 5 days till i really can go!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
It's actually a miracle that admin and I manage to do anything together since my definition of "last-minute" is "two months"! Laughing
snow report
admin wrote:
Would this help Nick?
Quote:
Dear Nick's Boss,
Nick can't come to work today because he feels a bit funny.
He keeps having funny turns and then falling over.

He'll probably take about a week to get better.

Love from Nick's Doctor.

Sadly, no. But I appreciate the thought Very Happy

I keep toying of going there in March, though. Have a really great time, guys.
ski holidays
Sorry Admin would really love to but I can't see how I can get back in time to be at Manchester Airport to go out on the 22nd at 08:00 to Saas Fee! Anyway I'm in St Anton in March so you can give a good update on where the best runs are and which chairs kep your backsides warm. Good luck in getting your ten how many have you got so far.
snow report
And this week the #1 excuse on snowHeads for not going skiing is:

"I can't as the dates conflict with a ski trip I have planned" snowHead
snow report
This is a really good offer. i was shopping around until the beginning of the week and St Anton was very expensive. Going to Three Valleys instead.
snow report
Quote:

Going to Three Valleys instead
... or "I can't as the dates conflict with a ski trip I have planned" Laughing
Quote:

St Anton was very expensive.
I know, it usually is, isn't it. That's why I always end up in France (that and the fact that I like to go on the overnight train).
I've had St Anton on my list of wannasees for ages: I'm a happy snowHead today snowHead

stanton, will u still be there after Sun?
snow report
Oops, please excuse the identity change Laughing
snow report
stanton,

What are the conditions like, sunny and dry?
snow conditions
admin,

Quote:

"I can't as the dates conflict with a ski trip I have planned"

at least it shows we're all committed (skiers) here.
ski holidays
stevew, ..........sliders Evil or Very Mad Toofy Grin
snow report
admin wrote:

"I can't as the dates conflict with a ski trip I have planned" snowHead

I'd love to too, but unfortunately I'm sneaking a trip to Chamonix for (at least part of) that week. Wink
snow report
admin, still places?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dan, point taken Shocked
snow conditions
Dunk wrote:
admin, still places?
Yes snowHead
latest report
Not fair, not fair. I want to go.....all I need is a week off work and £250!!!

admin, enjoy...I won't be jealous...honest!
snow conditions
Admin I'd love to go but I can't make it because I'm going to St Anton next week instead Laughing (see you there)
snow report
DB,

Bright sunny -8ish in morning now around +2 in town. No new snow since I was last hear on 3rd Jan,

This is only a quick Pit Stop I got to go back to Holland on Sunday. I think the weather is going to be pretty much the same for the next few days. Could def use some new snow for the Off-Piste hopefully when I come back in early February Very Happy

Anyone coming out, the pistes are fine (if your into that sort of thing) . Get up early to make the best of the new groomers because they tear up after the ski schools start at 10:00 & manmade snow piles up like sugar & leave sheet ice compared to natural snow Very Happy

It low season at the moment so not to many folk.

Incidently all the locals are going on about how good the snow is in the Eastern Tirol,Salzburg (Kitzbuhul,Soll,Saalbach etc)
snow report
stanton wrote:
Incidently all the locals are going on about how good the snow is in the Eastern Tirol,Salzburg (Kitzbuhul,Soll,Saalbach etc)

That's really good to hear but they'd better not be all coming over to try it out next week! Twisted Evil Bit concerned it hasn't snowed in Saalbach since 3 Jan although there are good depths there and the temps have been cold.
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
DB,

Bright sunny -8ish in morning now around +2 in town. No new snow since I was last hear on 3rd Jan,

This is only a quick Pit Stop I got to go back to Holland on Sunday. I think the weather is going to be pretty much the same for the next few days. Could def use some new snow for the Off-Piste hopefully when I come back in early February Very Happy

Anyone coming out, the pistes are fine (if your into that sort of thing) . Get up early to make the best of the new groomers because they tear up after the ski schools start at 10:00 & manmade snow piles up like sugar & leave sheet ice compared to natural snow Very Happy

It low season at the moment so not to many folk.

It's the only trip I book far ahead but I'm coming from Eastern Austria where some of the hils have around 3 metres of snow (it's normally the other way round) rolling eyes You will probably roll out Sun as I roll in Sat pm. I'm with a guide most of the week and even in low snow years he always manages to pull a few powder stashes out of the bag. Actually prefer it when the piste snow is in mounds, it makes it much more interesting than a groomed piste.
latest report
Whos the Guide, Graham Austick ? Your nee to put your skins on & go for some serious High routes over to Kappl , backside of Stuben, Lech & Zurs and the backside of Pettneu Very Happy
ski holidays
Cathy Coins, there's a few flakes forecast ~Tuesday over SkiWelt according to www.snow-forecast.com
snow report
Ian Hopkinson, I've been pinning my hopes on that since yesterday! Knowing my luck it'll start to snow just as we're leaving. Never mind, I'm not complaining, there will at least be snow to ski on, lovely sunny skies and fun times! snowHead Laughing
latest report
stanton wrote:
Whos the Guide, Graham Austick ? Your nee to put your skins on & go for some serious High routes over to Kappl , backside of Stuben, Lech & Zurs and the backside of Pettneu Very Happy

Yes I'm with Graham again, spoke to him yesterday he said bring the touring setup.
ski holidays
Best do, goodluck & have fun Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy