Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Children's lessons La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am sure I posted the exact question 12 months ago but failing to find the thread so here goes again! We're in Alps d`Huez this week where the conditions have been less than great (rain, heavy snow, mainly poor visibility) which may explain it but the boys have made zero progress this week, getting same / lower ESF levels than last Easter despite having a lower ratio in their classes. We're off to La Tania at Easter again this year and debating now what to do at Easter - they've had 3/4 weeks on snow each at age 4 & 6 so wondering if private lessons might be advisable? Can anyone recommend any tutors \ schools? It's very frustrating although they do seem to enjoy it, it would be nice to see them progress. Thank you!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We did some ski lessons on the local dry ski slope with our two leading up to our holidays. Ellis started of at a much lower level than when she was last skiing but week on week was put up a group which I think made a huge difference to when she got out there.

Keira was just afraid to try anything (despite being on the snow the previous year and only being put into the complete beginners group on the dry slope). So we booked her a few private lessons in which they really reach her and made it all fun. This meant she was in point shd could join sprite beginners and enjoy herself (in fact she told us towards the end of the week she doesn't need lessons she can ski now Happy).

Could you do a few of private ones locally between now and Easter and then put them back info groups out there?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@always29, if they're enjoying it, that's the important thing, though it is great to see progress. My own observation of watching my kids and grandkids over the years is that the level they get to at 6 or 7 is not really related to how many weeks they've spent in ski school previously.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi@always29, this may help you with ski schools http://www.latania.co.uk/skiing/lessons.htm I regularly use New Gen in Courchevel 1650 for my daughter and can recommend them as a company. My personal view on kids is that skiing should be fun and they seem to have more fun in a group of other kids. They have years of skiing ahead and will naturally progress (usually quicker than us grown-ups!)

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 9-01-16 20:30; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@always29, try Snowlimits La Tania, fab Brit instructors, very small kids groups or private.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@always29, if you are looking at private lessons www.skiexcel.com with Bastien is worth a look
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
always29 wrote:
I am sure I posted the exact question 12 months ago but failing to find the thread so here goes again! We're in Alps d`Huez this week where the conditions have been less than great (rain, heavy snow, mainly poor visibility) which may explain it but the boys have made zero progress this week, getting same / lower ESF levels than last Easter despite having a lower ratio in their classes. We're off to La Tania at Easter again this year and debating now what to do at Easter - they've had 3/4 weeks on snow each at age 4 & 6 so wondering if private lessons might be advisable? Can anyone recommend any tutors \ schools? It's very frustrating although they do seem to enjoy it, it would be nice to see them progress. Thank you!

How much skiing did the boys do between last Easter and the last holiday?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ben Brierley at Momentum snowsports. Great with our daughter. Got the whole group of 3-4 years skiing the (steep for a) green into La Tania 2 years ago. She loved her lessons with him. She was aged 3yrs 7 mths then. Have a video of the whole class skiing from just above the village lift. I was skiing into La Tania to see her at the end of the last lesson and skied up behind them. We spied on the class earlier in the week on the magic carpet at the top of the gondola and all the class were happy and skiing up and down. Great for private lessons with the Mrs too, helped her confidence considerably. If you search, I think I did a TR after that holiday with more details.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's lots of choice of good ski schools in La Tania. We've always used group lessons with Magic in Motion for our similarly aged children, and been very happy every time.

I'd agree with the others though to worry more about them having fun than the progress they are making.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@scooby_simon, none - Been wondering about taking them up to Hemel now that they're both ok in using the Poma, maybe get them doing a lesson or two there to keep the skills ticking over; only concern there is the amount of chop that happens and the amount of traffic freaking them out a bit - as Pam says, want to keep it fun for them both.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Richard_Sideways, you may find a dry ski slope less busy?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Nicky, mmm possible. Guildford and Sandown are close by for us...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If ben b is available with momentum he is really good with the kids, our daughter had a great snowboard lesson with him recently (he teaches both ski and board), I was trying to catch them on piste, but they'd disappeared, found them later and they'd been making snowmen! They do group lessons too.

We've used magic in motion for our daughters group ski lessons, she'll be doing kids fun factory level 2 again at Easter as it's with her favourite instructor Daniella and most of the kids are her age group (6/7 year old), we looked at level 3 but the kids were several years older, so thought it was better to put her in with other kids her age rather than ability.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Hi Nicky, mmm possible. Guildford and Sandown are close by for us...

Don't know about those ones, but the children's lessons on our local one (Snowtrax) are very well run and all the slopes are only used for lessons during that time. The number of children in each group are nice and small.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy