Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica SM120 Hard/Soft Screw dead

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Dug out my boots yesterday and remembered last time I wore them (3yrs ago) that I spent half my final couple of days with the allen keys at the lift stations turning my hard/soft screw back to hard, as it kept rotating back around and softening up the boots.

Anyway, the thread is totally gone and allen keys don't turn it at all any longer. I've got it round to hard with a flathead screwdriver and a hammer.

Local bootfitter isn't sure they can be replaced easily as it's all so deeply integrated into multiple layers of the boot, rather than just being a case of putting a new screw on.

Anyone had a similar issue and have a better solution than just filling the gap with some kind of putty to lock it in place?

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you only ever want them on hard, epoxy them in.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
they are a factory riveted part, it may have been available years ago, (to be fitted with someone with a rivet press) but i can't remember if that part was out there as a spare... might be worth trying Anything Technical in Kendal, they carry a lot of nordica spares and if it is available will be able to get it
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have just heard back from them, £50 + p&p to get boot there and back which is more than I think I can be bothered to spend.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Why not ask your local bootfitter to see if they will supply the part to him B2B?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
there isn't a part, it will need to be a bodge job rivet replacement which may not even work, both local shop and one in Kendal have said the same.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Araldite or new boots it is then.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I actually managed to lose one of the main rivets in my boots last season. Tried a few places for a replacement but turns out salomon couldn't supply them. I ended up finding a vaguely suitable bolt, opening up the hole slightly with a dremel, bolting it in, cutting off the excess bolt, polishing off the end / fixing the bolt. There is a slight protrusion into the inner boot but used them next week and the were completely fine. Given I will spend most of my time in my touring boots this was a much better than replacing my downhill boots
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Following on from jedster's suggestion, if you can find a bolt the right diameter, then cutting it down to length and screwing it into the hole would give you something that can still be adjusted. A little loctite or similar should hold it in place so you can adjust both ways. Of course, if it's always coming undone then araldite would sort that too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy