Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snoworks kids courses - any experience?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As per the title... I'm wondering about a summer camp for my kids (and for me!). The kids will be 6 & 9 this summer, and there's a Snoworks class into which they'd fit age-wise, running at the same time as the adult one that would suit me.

Has anybody done a kids one of these? I've read plenty of reviews of the adult camps, which look excellent, but am specifically looking for experiences from anyone who's put their kids into the junior groups. What did your kids think of it, what's the ability range really like, what other activities do they get up to in the afternoon when it all slushes up?

My concern is that 6-9 encompasses a very broad range of abilities and I'm wondering how any customers felt they manage that?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Given that Emma and Phil have 3 boys aged 10, 8 and 8 (stand to be corrected on birthdays though) who are looking like very promising racers (ie they can beat me and I think that the eldest got very close to our very own Stuart Woodward last season) I can't think of anyone better to run a course.

There's a million things to do in the afternoons in Tignes in summer so I bet it can be catered to the group.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@chocksaway, all three boys took first or second in their respective age group at the recent Anglo/Scottish championships Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the views - no firsthand experience from anyone?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah, I go regularly with my 8 year old son, and we both love Snoworks! I think he was 6 the first time, and wow! what a difference in his skiing since then. He actually beat me down Face last week Happy

They usually split the kids group according to ability/age, and use a coaching style rather than the traditional ski school format, which means they can cope with a wide range of standards in a group. My lad also has additional needs, and they look after him incredibly well. The instructors are amazing and the kids are generally a lovely bunch too, so I really can't recommend them highly enough. Loads to do in the afternoons, and best of all the sports etc are almost all free.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It sounds a brilliant summer holiday. Maybe something for one or two of my grandchildren in a few years time! some more first hand reports would be good.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My daughter has been on the courses twice, once at 6 and once at 9. Both in the autumn though (October half term, snow conditions more winter than summer so can't really comment on the afternoon activities. I would say a good starting level would be solid parallel turns on a red run, enjoy a bit of speed and comfortable using steepish drag lifts, no requirement for any previous race experience. Ideal level between conventional ski school and more full on race training. There was quite a range of abilities including race club kids but they manage this range well. One of the strengths of this course for parents is that you can do one of the regular snoworks courses such as 'race carve' at the same time and then race against each other at the end of the week!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks @sledger, @Pending, that's very useful and helpful. We may well give it a go this summer.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy