Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

America/Canada for 10-14 Days

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Long story short; looking to go to Canada (Whistler or Banff) or USA (Jackson Hole) (open to suggestions on either) for 10-14 days as Europe has no snow. Mates only see the initial upfront costs instead of the 'endgame costs' (i.e. both are the same amount, NA just looks mroe expensive) and dont seem to be able to be convinced.

Looking to go end of Jan or some point in Feb but will need to be home for Valentines day rolling eyes otherwise the missus wont be happy etc.

My skiing level is generally 8-9/10 on most skiing technique guides.

I tend to look for accommodation with a pool/hot tub for issues with my knee.

Anyone interested?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In my experience NA is waaaay more expensive. Flights cost more, accommodation costs more, lift passes cost more and nightlife is generally rubbish...

With the amount of snow that has been falling in Europe this week and with the amount of snow which is still in the forecast I'd be going to Val d'Isere or St Anton for a trip with the boys.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Trouble is, last year, each euro trip ended up costing around £1k per week, so £2k for 2 weeks with guaranteed snow sounds ok to me. Or if you do air bnb or something, flights are around £650 then £300 per person on accom, £600 for lift pass = £1800 leaving £200 for spending.

I agree though, if Val D/T or St.A get massive amounts of snow, then id be more than happy to go there with the boys or solo. But how long is it forecasted to snow in Europe, i know this week is getting a massive dump and maybe next week but with places having minimal amounts already, im not holding out much hope if you like. Last year i had both extremes with Val T having 'minimal' that turned to Ice (week before xmas) then Val D just getting dumped on

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 5-01-16 13:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are thinking about going to JH then I can suggest the Rustic Inn where I've just spent the last 10 nights. I booked via American Ski Classics who got me the room at about half the rate quoted on Booking.com etc. They also got me decent flights and a discounted ski pass. Peter was very helpful throughout and I would heartily recommend them as a TO
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kingston, on or off piste?

And does JH have snow now? I know Whistler had an lot over the last few weeks.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
im assuming you mean technique and id say 8/9 on piste, off, im fairly competent off so probably a 7 id imagine

Whistler appears to be fully open and JH @ 90% currently
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JH is only not 100% due to stability AFAIK as they had a metre when I was out there on top of about 2 metres that was already there
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
£200 spends for a 2 week holiday sounds a bit optimistic - I'd be reckoning closer to £700 or £800.

Just had a quick look at the JH website and a 12 day lift ticket is around £850. No doubt you could probably get a discount on that though.

I went to Jackson Hole in March 2008 - some of the worst conditions I've ever skied. My advice would be to leave it as late as possible and book where the conditions are the best - leave it another week or two before deciding. At the end of the day - if conditions are poor in Europe and great in the US / Canada, it'll be worth the extra cash.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kingston, no I meant were you going to find off or on piste?

Frankly, although it's kind of fun to experience a different ambiance, for me NA/Canada appeal only because of off piste.

Certain parts of Europe (e.g. the Valais) have normal to above normal amounts of snow and more is happening all this week and possibly into the next.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@kingston, Snow fall in Whistler is completely different to Europe. I've been to Whistler one week after they have had 4m of snow, and you would have thought they had 1.5m maximum. If you are not in Whistler when it is snowing, then you have missed it. There is another thread on here reporting that after 5m so far this season, 1 week without snow has resulted in bare patches off piste.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name wrote:
@kingston, no I meant were you going to find off or on piste?

Frankly, although it's kind of fun to experience a different ambiance, for me NA/Canada appeal only because of off piste.

Certain parts of Europe (e.g. the Valais) have normal to above normal amounts of snow and more is happening all this week and possibly into the next.

either really, ive been looking into powder tours in japan but thats a minimum of £2k for 8 days on the slopes

i spoke to my mate and he only wants to do long weekends = same sort of cost as a week. If it continues to snow then ill head to europe, wanted to ski Valley blanche but dont think that will be happening
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@kingston, I don't know about the VB - it's a little early for it anyway now, but it's been snowing heavily above ~1,400m and that's due to continue...

The James Bond run to town from Montenvers may not open but that's not so usual...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy