Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

tech binding in resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've had a releasable TTS system mounted on my skis - just wondering if it's okay to ski on that a full week in resort? My other half has only started telemarking not long ago so I think we'll be spending quite a lot of time on piste. I've heard about quite a lot of pre-release issues especially at high speed or that the binding doesn't release when you need it to. It's more of the pre-release issue that I'm worried about as I don't fall too much (other than the binding releasing at the time when I don't need it to!)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What TTS system / which tech toe?

I run my homebrew TTS system all the time at the resort and have about 50 days on it however, I have prereleased once or twice. No TTS systems have a reliable release and the release value is typically low (mine is probably equivalent to around DIN 4 or 5). The release is affected by a number of things including which toe unit you use and how much preload you run, so I tend to take it easy on steep icy groomers where a release could be nasty, but I have no problem running around the resort in mine at low consequence speeds.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have moonlight tele rando - only got it this season as a gift! Very Happy

I haven't actually tried that out yet - going skiing in two weeks' time!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Enjoy - I think that the moonlight system looks like the best of the available TTS options. Tempted to buy one myself!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
could you carve with a tech binding on groomed snow at high speed? I'm always slightly worried about the pre-release issue so I have never done it myself... Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy