Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice Please - Bindings for Whitedot Preacher Carbonlite

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I bought a pair of these about 18 months ago and unfortunately they've just sat in the loft ever since, due to a combination of rubbish conditions last year (I wasn't wanting to ruin them on rocks first run out) and my inability to get out on the mountain much these days.

I'm now thinking I might as well either use them or sell them on, as they're just too damn good to sit around collecting dust. Therefore I'd love some advice on what bindings people would recommend for them? I'm a fairly advanced skier (approx 100 weeks) and like pistes/bumbs/off-piste/powder in equal amounts (well, powder more so but I rarely find it). Looking for mid-range bindings with at least a din-12 setting.

I'm a bit out of the game when it comes to new ski stuff - currently skiing on a 5yr-old pair of Whitedot Ones with Marker Griffon Schizo bindings which are brilliant but a bit battered. All recommendations welcome thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My Preachers run Jesters, and I have never had a problem over many, many miles, many landings and in all conditions. Frankly, a Griffon would be fine too.

I had the Jester Schizos on my (just snapped in half last week!) WD Ones. Great for a ski to be used in the park, a bit pointless on a Preacher.

Good luck! If I didn't already have the (normal) Preachers, I'd be treating myself to some Carbonlites. It's a great ski.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PinballWizard,
I have one-season-old Director CLs, 4-season-old Preachers and Redeemers all quiverkillered to take Dynafit Beasts (courtesy of sH Spyderjon). It's all good. Considering you're advanced, can I suggest you seriously consider looking at the new tech bindings like the Beasts (or Vipec, Marker Kingpin etc) although that does, of course mean investing AT boots too.

Alternatively, I have some bombproof 4-season-old Rossignol FKS rotomat bindings I can flog you for £40 plus postage. Or some Tyrolia Peaks for £25 plus postage.

The Preachers, even the trad version, are a rocksolid, go-to, handle anything workhorse and I'm tempted by the CL version although I hear the Ranger CL is just a bit more versatile in the touring department. You'll love 'em.

Cheers
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Big Paua, just out of interest, what brake size on the fks?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Marker F10s work great on my standard Preachers. F12s should be great for you, reasonably light to go with your carbon skis, I've found it useful to be able to skin a bit to access good descents
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Pumba,
There were mounted on my 189 Preachers which are 112mm underfoot. Does that help?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Big Paua, They probably have the 115mm brake then, I'm searching for a pair with 130mm for a pair of Faction Royales with 122 under foot. Someone should snap your hand off though, the best bindings out there the fks!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just put Kingpin 13s on my Preachers. Recommended by two good shops. First day out tomorrow, will let you know!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all of the replies people. Lot's of good advice in there.

@Big Paua, thanks for the bindings offers but I've got a thing about always wanting to buy my bindings brand new. Probably me being stupid but I always think buy boots and bindings from new, everything else is fair game second-hand. Have already thought I'd love to go down the touring option but sadly it just wouldn't be worth the investment given how little opportunity I get to go touring.

I've always used marker bindings in the past and they've served me very well so I might well stick with them and go with some Jesters.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Pumba, You can buy just the turntable section in extra wide online, so snap up BP's FKS and pair up the turntable with the toepiece and dildo from his.

Sorted for under £100 Cool
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@PinballWizard, I'm with @Big Paua, definitely suggest you look at Beast 16's. I've run these on my WD Ranger 108 CL's as go to ski on QK's for last 2-3 seasons (was on Dukes before and its a much better ride), and swap over to new WD Rag CL for pow days. Rock solid underfoot, don't think of them as a touring binding they're about the down (and up) not vice versa. I run same brake on both skis. Talk to Spyderjon he'll sort you out.....there's also a new Beast 14 which some rate but I don't know much about it, I'm very happy with my 16's. Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Mosha Marc, I deal in euro, so it works out a bit pricier by the time postage and exchange rate are taken into account, just about to order some for €145 in a sale though. I've got a couple of pairs of older ones knocking around but have struggled with old brittle plastic plates breaking when dismantling the brakes to bend them, probably me just being clumsy though!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy