Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne - Apres

Poster: A snowHead
Can someone tell me where to find the best apres bar in Plagne?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Define your idea of après? Dancing on tables? Live music? Quiet beers?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry, good point, i usually ski in Austria where the après is normally the "on table" variety! skied La Plagne last year, stayed in 1800 and the Mine Bar was ok but not really lively enough, without wishing to put the moggy amongst pigeons! i'm looking for something a little more raucous Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well I'm afraid you may struggle to find what your after in La Plagne! Scotty's bar in Plagne centre probably gets the most lively, especially on chalet hosts day off, but only really for a couple of hours when the happy hour is in full flow - this is the only place I have seen dancing on the tables!

There is a night club in Belle Plagne which is allegedly open until 7am (the name escapes me) but I've not been in so can't comment on this!

Are you booked yet? If so, which village?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gazzaredcruiser, we like in quiet in Plagne 1800.
Les Mines is far too lively and only tolerated for the Happy Hour and Football.

chopkins13 is i think referring to Le Saloon, which is fortunately about as far from 1800 as you can get. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There was a Dutch bar in Plagne Centre other than that it was very sedate when I was there (it was 10yrs ago)/ La Mine in 1800 was very quiet - lively? Non!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Jonpim, I only mentioned belle Plagne as the OP hasnt yet said where he's booked this season, if at all. If he is going back to Plagne 1800 then options very limited!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok that really confirms what I thought. I was one of the table dancers last year in Scotty's (sorry Jonpim) We're staying at Chalet Altesse about 100m from La Mine, i'll try to keep it down Shocked we're there on the 23rd, if any of you guys are around i'd be pleased to buy you a beer Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Mouth (Dutch Bar) can get a bit lively. Scotty's is your best best. And it will be on a Wednesday or Thursday night.

If you want Austrian style apres you chosen the wrong resort

There is a little outdoor bar in the paintball below the Colerado lift thats making an effort but bever been in there
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mouth no longer exists, was also Plan ja, the Dutch bar Halfhand was talking about.
Scotty's have an apre band on every weekday, but Wednesday is the busiest. Luna bar on a Tuesday night is also popular now with seasonaires. Both of these are in Centre.
In Bellecote you have Spitting feathers, a nice English pub, but not lively, unless the pub crawl is in. There is also a club in Bellecote called Cosy bar.
In 1800 you have La Mine, which do live bands quite regularly... does get very very busy in there though.
In Belle Plagne you have le tet inn, which has some good nights, and Cheyenne which is again ok. Saloon in Belle plagne is also a club.

you have other places as well, like Kode Bar, igloo, the Rum bar etc etc. But to be honest La Plagne is not a massive apre resort, especially on the level of the Austrians. I would recommend the on piste restaurant Bergerie on a Wednesday afternoon though, as they have a Dj (same guy form a Tuesday night in Luna) and are trying to get that sort of atmosphere.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fort Colerado is ok Whisky priest, but not really an apre destination
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ah, I seen aftermath just assumed it was lively

Luna Bar, had some interesting nights in there Very Happy

Igloo Bar has good bands
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Expensive though.... but some nice Belgium beers
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chopkins13 wrote:
There is a night club in Belle Plagne which is allegedly open until 7am (the name escapes me) but I've not been in so can't comment on this!

I went there a couple of years ago and don't think I left until about half four/five. I may have had a hip flask of sambuca with me so can't really say much about it, vaguely remember it being a bit grimy and there being a lot of young people about, but doubt I'd have stayed there for so long if it was too bad. I also remember that my hangover was so vicious that I attempted to ski at about 11am the next day, did the St Jacques piste and decided that I was so uncoordinated that it was far too dangerous for me to be on the slopes in the vicinity of anyone else. Went back to the room, lost a day of skiing and learnt a valuable lesson about how not to enjoy apres* Very Happy

*The lesson about moderation (or anything other than total annihilation) has yet to sink in fully.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That's a cardinal sin and a fine! we always aim to "get on it" about 4.30 and then grab supper at 7.30 hopefully sobering up a little, then have a couple before getting off to bed for 10ish. I am 52 you know!! always up on the first lift, otherwise another fine!!

you know what they say "Go to heaven, Ski like Hell" Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@imnotapenguin, Plan ja, that was it. Looks like LP has got a bit livelier since I was last there Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Bumped into Arne from Planja a couple of years ago. He was trying to get a folie douce going at the Bergerie.
latest report
@gazzaredcruiser Try stopping by the Bergerie Bar on your run back to base.

They used to have a bottle of some local hooch containing some form of pickled amphibian.

It tastes horrible but your posts suggest that you'd be up for the challenge
latest report
gazzaredcruiser wrote:
That's a cardinal sin and a fine! we always aim to "get on it" about 4.30 and then grab supper at 7.30 hopefully sobering up a little, then have a couple before getting off to bed for 10ish. I am 52 you know!! always up on the first lift, otherwise another fine!!

That's the thing, if I'm on it then there's no way that I'll be in bed by 10...in fact if I'm drinking from before 5 then it's more likely I'll be in an ambulance by that point!
ski holidays
gazzaredcruiser wrote:

That's the thing, if I'm on it then there's no way that I'll be in bed by 10...in fact if I'm drinking from before 5 then it's more likely I'll be in an ambulance by that point!
ski holidays
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:

Well... I'm seeing double!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy