Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free lift to Chamonix on offer 29/1/16

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
... but probably not back again.

I'm driving out to Chamonix in my camper taking the 23:45 P&O ferry from Dover on 29th Jan. I am staying until mid April hence probably not back again. I have no one else in the van so plenty of room for additional bodies and equipment. If anyone is interested they are welcome to a lift. If I get around to getting you on the van insurance then the only fee might be to share some of the driving! As I've already bought my ferry ticket you'd probably have to buy a foot passenger ticket on the ferry.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, You must be in Chamonix already. But I have a similar idea and wanted to ask you how it went... My plan is to drive to Chamonix and get somewhere to stay there (perhaps through a house exchange there)... How long was the drive? do you need a special insurance (in case your car breaks down or something like that)?
Then, I will have to find a ski buddy as my girlfriend is not into ski touring at all...
Cheers,
Pablo
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not there yet, I'm driving out on 29th Jan, so a couple of weeks.

Check with your insurance company but most UK insurance is now valid for Europe as well, however breakdown cover does not normally include Europe unless you have specifically paid for it; again do check.

I have been driving out to the Alps for years now. Usually takes 10-12 hours from Calais for Chamonix depending on traffic. If you're driving out during the day Saturday anytime in Feb then expect to get caught in some serious traffic as half of France is on the roads to the Alps; it could then be considerably longer. I usually drive overnight.

Not sure I've ever heard of anyone doing house exchange stuff in a ski resort. No harm in trying though. If you're looking for cheap then there are a couple of cheap gites (hostels with dormitory accommodation) I know off:

La Tapia: http://www.latapia.com/ Really nice place and you're sure to meet other people to ski with
Le Chamoniard Volant: http://www.chamoniard.com/ Not so nice but bigger so more likely to get a place there. Also good for meeting up with other skiers.

I've pm'd you re touring.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy