Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

last minute deals

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Ive seen a lot of last minute deals at really attractive prices in the 1st few days of this year, but does anyone know if similar deals are usually available over the New Year Period?
Peter
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rarely. NY is certainly the busiest week for many ski resorts.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought so.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This year you could, but hopefully the lack of snow this year will be unusual!

Christmas week there are usually loads of deals, likewise for the week after New Year (depending on where you look as this is a popular time for the Russians).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Early January & late March (as long as it doesn't clash with Easter like this year) can be good times to get really good late deals. As a rule it's all about avoiding the busy periods or booking when conditions might not be perfect, so avoid time when people are already off work anyway or when kids will be out of school.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There were a fair few good chalet deals around for the New Year 2015. We were already in Morzine for Xmas 2014 and thought we would stay on if a good deal came up whilst we were there. We had plenty of choice and opted for one in La Tania. A number of the offers which popped up included flights but I obviously did not look at the detail of any of those.

This year I got a lot of emails apparently offering discounted Xmas & New Year breaks but as we are sorted for later in the season I did not look to see what they were.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If the snow is crap there will be deals as people are scared to book too far in advance and businesses need to fill the rooms
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Peter Groom, NY usually sells itself, but the combination this just-past NY of generally poor snow, and changeover Saturday falling on Boxing Day (many people didn't want to/couldn't travel on 26th) meant there WERE offers which is unusual. Operators with a Sunday changeover were largely sold out. We're already seeing some programmes for next season and Christmas /NY changeovers have been changed to Friday or another day to avoid that element. Still dependent on good snow though, for what is a very early season week.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Peter Groom, do you mean the first full week in January (i.e. the one with departure dates 2nd/sun 3rd)? If so it's usually one of the quietest and cheapest weeks of the season.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Caravan - can I ask you which sites allow you to search chalet only deals (no flights) as we will already be in Europe in the car and I'm getting a bit bogged down looking for something suitable! thanks
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Iglu ski and Chalets Direct
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As above. You can post in the solutions room http://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=1 Plus look at individual chalet companies websites such as Ice and Fire, Ski Amis, Small Wonders, Meriski, Chalet Les Dents Blanche Morzine, etc.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy