Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

POC Synapsis 2.0 - An amazing helmet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mine has finally come to the end of its life so i thought I'd give POC a quick long term review in case any one else is considering it.

Mine has done 5 seasons now, for 2 it was used pretty much 6/7 days a week, 1 season 3/4 days a week and for 2 seasons 2 days a week. So this one has done some miles.

The helmet has held up amazingly, an I was by no means nice to it, finally the outer matt effect plastic layer has fully degraded. may simply just be age or UV damage but the Gopro holder I stuck on i has fallen off and when I stuck it in my boot bag, it took on the texture of the bag!!! still doesnt smell or seem too disgusting inside.

For 5 seasons it has been comfortable, (the padding is pretty minimal but i never felt it was uncomfy, someone with no hair might disagree) and warm enough on cold days (buff is not a bad idea below 20C) but allows a load of air on top for the hotter days.

It weighs less than pretty much all the alternatives i have seen at only 390g and has taken a few big hits as well as been dropped a load of times.

The visor is great for falling snow days especially but if you want it for full speed on-piste blasting you have to keep your head down or the wind will catch it and yank your head back, it also mayes it a little harder to store if your backpack has a helmet compartment, but it comes off easily if you have a penny on you or something.

Just incase you were searching for a review on it or just wondering which top end helmet to consider, I would certainly recommend trying this one on!

Matt

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never been able to get a Poc ski helmet on my melon head. Their cycling hemets fit easily though. Weird eh?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a tiny head! maybe thats worth adding to the review!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno wrote:
Never been able to get a Poc ski helmet on my melon head. Their cycling hemets fit easily though. Weird eh?

LOL, it's the other way round for me! I find that the Poc Synapsis fits my head perfectly, so on that basis I bought a Poc Trabec mtb helmet in the same size thinking it would work too, but it was a totally different fit. Maybe they must think cyclists have a different head shape to skiers?!

Have to agree that the Synapsis 2.0 is a great helmet. I've had mine about 4 seasons now and it's held up extremely well and the minimal padding keeps the fit consistent and minimises the potential for it to smell like the inside of a bear's cave. I also love the tensioning wheel at the back. Unlike virtually all other helmets with adjustable fit it's super easy to adjust while on your head and never ever jams up. Only criticism I can make is the matt finish which is impossible to clean and my white one (in hindsight matt white was a poor choice) is now looking more like a murky grey with dark spots. I notice they only offer it with a gloss finish now, so looks like they may have sorted that issue.

In fact I like it so much I might just replace it with one of the new glossy finish ones. I was considering the Receptor MIPS for the sake of a change, but it's a fair bit heavier and reviews say the padding packs down considerably after a bit of use, which doesn't sound great.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Joining the general POC love-in, I've been using a Skull-light 2 for a good while now and without a shadow of a doubt it's the best helmet I've ever owned. The quality of the build is excellent, well engineered and though-out, never hot, never cold, never sweaty. My only grumble is the goggle clip which is a bit rubbish, but thats a niggle. Know what you mean about the sizing being odd, mines an XL, but when I've tried other models which are XL they've been headache inducingly tight. Know when the time comes, it'll be POC i'll be going to first, probably for one of the MIPS range.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My daughter has a Pocito Skull Light and that is fantastic too. She had a Giro kids helmet before that, which literally fell to pieces after about 8 weeks use. The Poc seems bomb-proof by comparison and in a totally different league on quality. I'm going to get another Pocito for her little sister next season.

Just to show I'm not a total Poc fanboy Wink my wife has been using a Sweet Rooster 2 for a few years now, which is another great quality helmet option and very low profile. I noticed the latest version of the Rooster now has MIPS too, which is a bonus. I did try a friend's one on this year and I have to say it seemed very comfortable, but I do generally prefer helmets with adjustable fit. Poc and Sweet are probably the only helmets I would consider right now. Everything else I've looked at seems like cheap junk in comparison - okay maybe the Smith Vantage is okay, but I haven't looked at one closely. Is there anything else on the market in the same league to consider?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
POC on sport pursuit now!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh no, the credit card might be about to take yet another major beating!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not my size which makes me feel better having bought one about a month ago...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well I wasn't so lucky! Just had to buy a Receptor BC Mips helmet and some new POC goggles to go with it. If I'm lucky they won't fit so I'll have to return them Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy