Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kask visor helmet (2015 model) very short review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been wearing glasses (specs) for that last 25 years. I tried going contacts, specially during sports but it just don't work for me. Thus I've had OTG googles for a while but there was always something: specs got foggy, they don't fit well over the specs so you have to pry them open (and when you want to take off the googles the specs would stay in them), and a new set of specs is a whole new set of issues with the googles.
So I decided to shop for a visor helmet. Living in Canada, there wasn't much of them around, even in good ski shops, and those who stock them can't tell you why a this one is better then the other one. Reviews on the internet, and on this forum, (I searched in english and in french) are almost non existent and I couldn't find the answer I was looking for: how does it perform in a snow storm: does the snow enter from the under the visor or the visor fit so snugly that it's like googles? So in the end, I went ahead anyway and took a chance with a Kask, based on the advice of 1, (count it) 1, shop keeper. The Kask was the most expensive visored helmet in the shop or on the internet but after wearing it since the beginning of the season (4 complete days, including a snow storm today), the kask performs flawlessly.

No snow inside the visor, no wind (except to circulate air) either. Very comfy and hot even without a balaclava. Something to note for online shoppers: the available helmet sizes are from 51cm to 63cm but they only have 2 or 3 different size shell: it's the inside that can be switched (velcro). To know what size is better you need to mesure your head circumference just above the eyebrows and add 2cm. My head is 59cm and the perfect size for me was 61cm: 60 was too thigh and 62 too loose. I think they suggest 1cm on website but I recommend 2 (I don't like it when my head feels pressured).

Have a good and safe ski season! Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy