Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Discharger & Flow MK3

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, I am going to start snowboarding next weekend and have already bough some boots (Northwave Freedom SP) & clothing.

I planned to rent a board & bindings, but now I saw a good deal on an Atomic Discharger & Flow MK3 at a shop around the corner and wondered if that is any good. It is a rather low end combination, but might be fine for a beginner?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cdamian,
The board has a 2.5 edge bevel, so this should make it an easier board board to handle i.e. you won't catch an edge so easily. The Flow bindiings will be ok with Northwave boots. If you really are set on buying rather than rental, the board & bindings will be fine for a beginner. Although you may consider it a 'low end' combination, the setup will keep you going for at least a couple of years. Check out the Atomic & Flow websites for board / binding specifications.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok, I am back at home now. I got the Flow MK4 in the end, but they are about the same as the MK3.

I liked the bindings a lot. They where very useful in the snowboard class, where you have to open/close them a lot. They are a bit differrent to close when you are sitting on your bum though, so you have to do it on your knees or standing up.

The board was good too, but I don't think I would have noticed much of a difference with a different one.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I seem to remember that flow used to have a video on their website that demoed how to put the bindings on "gracefully" when standing up on a slope.

I always wimped out and sat down if it looked steep. I've also retired my flows but thats another story.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy