Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap chains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I must have missed the Lidl chains and have been looking on eBay. There are some unbranded 9mm chains that are pretty cheap. Does anyone have any experience that says they are any better or worse than the branded ones or is one chain much like another especially if one is hoping they won't ever be needed? Actually I hope they will be needed as that will mean lots of fresh snow!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Lidl chains are excellent but some cheap ones break easily and can be hard to put on (and even harder to take off). I'd be wary of ebay. The roof box company web site is a good place to start getting briefed on the different kinds. Whatever you get, practice till you are good at it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you looked in a few branches of Lidl? Sold out in one of the ones I use but a load still in stock in another branch I was in last week.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Eurocar parts lots of choice - starting at about £20

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/winter-essentials/tyre/snow-chains-snow-socks/?523770921&0&cc5_702

I got some last year and they got me safely down from the resort last year with no problems, easy to fit and take off and with free postage they are a complete bargain
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you think you'll need them, buy in advance. Had to get some for the hire car this weekend... Combination of esoteric wheel size and lack of time to look for alternatives meant I spent 149 euros for 215/60 x17 wheels...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy