Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shortlist suggestions for first snowboard trip in April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Well got the first week of April booked off work and we were thinking of going for a week snowboarding rather than skiing. We're just beginners; done lessons indoors and hoping to get a good few days in up north before then (if the snow ever arrives!)

Plan would be to book a package nearer the time based on snow conditions so looking for some suggestions for Europe (we don't like France). Usually pick resorts for skiing that have a large ski area so thought this would be a good opportunity to try out some of the places that normally we'd rule out as don't reckon we'd need as much piste!

So far have come up with Passo Tonale and Obergurgl- any thoughts on these resorts for a first boarding holiday later in season? Where else should I add to my shortlist?!

Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
First week of April could be pretty slush-fest - I would pick somewhere with the beginner slopes high up e.g. L2A although it isn't very inspiring.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tonale is high but most ithe high slopes are south facing so it doesn't hold up too well.
I'd ask a boarder for some advice. Blue runs seem great but you don't want too many flat sections as a boarder as you end up pushing yourself for ages. If it's slushy then this doesn't help.

Somewhere high, north facing with not too many flat spots.
Suggestions anyone?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@cameronphillips2000, thanks for the info on Tonale- may be a bit iffy for an April trip!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NZ or Argentina. Confused
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Soelden in Austria (Not too far from Obergurgl) might be worth having a look at as well. I was there 3-4 years ago on the first week of May and it was great. Very large area with some great wide runs for all levels.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks @Nkar, have had my eye on there for skiing last few years- TOs from Scotland always seem v expensive for some reason
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les Arcs 1800 / 2000, France.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why don't you like France? You're ruling out some great terrain with that. My suggestion would be Tignes.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sölden is always good to closing day (in early May). Ischgl too. I would, as you suggest, check the snow conditions, although chances are late season will be better than early this year wink Tour operators... I don't know about them. Fly to Munich, hire a car, drive south, stop when you find snow. Probably anywhere will work to start with.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mollerski wrote:
NZ or Argentina. Confused

Argentine ski season generally runs from mid June till October. If you go in June, you have a very, very high chance of getting little to no snow. I'm talking taking 3 lifts up before you can ski, and getting down using the lifts, too.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Been to Mayrhofen in the first 3 weeks of April since 2000 and only missed out on powder a couple of times, maybe just lucky but it works for me, will be heading back this year again. Sure, you will end up with slush on the lower slopes but I don't think you can beat pow at the top and baking temps at the bottom for an Easter holiday.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy