Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet Staff

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@miranda, I'm not really thinking about it being done like that, though I'm sure that happens. I'm more thinking of the situation where a guest has a number of special requests, that clearly make significant additional work for the chalet hosts, and where the chalet host has discretion to do or not. We had a couple of groups that were very demanding and required significant additional hours. I did my best with both groups but didn't meet 100% of the additional requests for either group. The first group it was mainly just my time, and had I known they were going to leave us such an enormous tip, I would have quite happily been on call 24/7.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Gämsbock, yes, I agree with that (give something at the beginning if you're asking for something special - i.e. significant additional hours - and explain there is more to come if they could go above and beyond that week) - it was an earlier poster who'd said they start a normal week with "do a good job and you'll get a good tip"… I would just find that really awkward, both to say to someone and to have someone say it to me! I can't imagine anyone ever saying it to me though, so maybe it would be fine in practice...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@miranda, agreed. I guess it depends how they said it as well... but as you say, a moot point!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Gämsbock, yes, as you're aware I hope, when you're running a "lifestyle business" all we really want are lovely people staying with us and we massively appreciate that… genuinely better than any tip (except, like Nadenoodlee, I would happily suffer the shittiest of behaviour for an 'authentic British curry') Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy