Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing has ruined my life

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This thread makes me so sad. A little over a year ago my wife and I moved out of London and I changed careers so we could change our lifestyle, and maybe at some point buy a house. Now I can do most of my job from anywhere with an internet connection this thread has suddenly made me realise I could go from worrying if a second week skiing was pushing it to having a few months in the alps each year. Except my wife isn't that keen on skiing (she'll go once a year) and can't really do her job outside the UK. I love my wife dearly and will choose her over the life of a ski bum, but it wasn't until this thread that I realised how close I could be to 'the dream'.

Maybe I'll persuade her to let me do a month or two secondment next winter?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Drogue, plan it - do it - dream achieved.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Inspiring thread, Zero G, you old Mountain Hussy!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When I met the current Mrs SL she worked 9 months a year, every year (standard 9-5) and skied for 3. That was one of the many things that impressed me. I have a standard 9-5; get 6 weeks holiday a year, but manage to ski for at least 7 weeks, plus trips up to the Scottish stations. Was forced to take a summer holiday in 2015 - won't be doing that again before retirement. However, I can recommend a 4 day stop over in Fiji for a bit of beach type stuff en route to skiing in NZ, saves enduring summer in the UK.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What a splendid topic.
I have no hard plans for the future yet but I've weighed off the property bit by buying in the Tarentaise. Decent sized for life appartment in the valley rather than a box on the hill. Just have a vague direction towards a need to extract myself from wage slavery and join that bum reality. I'd been thinking a move to offshore oil work for the month on month off routine but its looking kinda shaky with black gold cheaper than water.
snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My ideal 'beach' holiday involves surfing. Hours spent in the sea can freeze you to the core worse than a winter in the Alps Skullie
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy