Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When do you go on your snow holidays...

When do you go sliding?
Before Christmas week
7%
 7%  [ 47 ]
Week including Christmas
4%
 4%  [ 30 ]
Week including New Year
3%
 3%  [ 22 ]
January (after NY week)
25%
 25%  [ 151 ]
February (not half term week)
13%
 13%  [ 83 ]
February half term
5%
 5%  [ 35 ]
March (not Easter school holidays)
20%
 20%  [ 122 ]
Easter school holidays
8%
 8%  [ 52 ]
April (not Easter school holidays)
6%
 6%  [ 39 ]
All season (or most of the season).
3%
 3%  [ 20 ]
Voted : 236
Total Votes : 601

Poster: A snowHead
You can tick up to 9 options.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ray Zorro, I think you missed out the word hope in the question Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Needs November and May options.

Not NY or Feb half-term for me. All other options are good.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a "before Christmas" option, @rob@rar,
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
There is a "before Christmas" option, @rob@rar,
Yes. I suppose that could also cover May.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, Yep because Christmas skiing is a bit like May this year Laughing snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin wrote:
rob@rar, Yep because Christmas skiing is a bit like May this year Laughing snowHead
Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've stuck in my answers for this year but my honest answer is it varies according to when I can get the time and when those who I ski with can get the time.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There is no option for a trip to the southern hemispere or indeed a holiday to Langraf in August
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've never understood why people with other options and only a week or so each year would ever choose to ski at New Year. Too early for a high chance of good snow, especially off piste, busiest week of the year, expensive, short days.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've voted, for the past few years been for a week in Jan, at half term with my daughter and for a quick weekend in March
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pam w, +1 especially the short days, the lifts here close early until Jan 29th.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
6% in the last category, pleased to be among them for the 3rd winter Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Perhaps a better question is 'Which periods would you generally try to avoid when deciding when to go?"
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
As long as it's not school holidays, I'm fairly flexible.
snow conditions
I used to avoid school holidays like the plague. Now I have no choice Sad. As soon as my kids have finished school ( or don't want to come with me any more ) it will be back to January and March Very Happy
latest report
I wouldn't dream of going before mid-Jan for snow/weather reasons.
I will avoid Christmas, NY and Feb Half-term because of the crowds.
mid-late March is the best all-round time IMO.
ski holidays
I generally go at Christmas and come home around Easter.
ski holidays
It tends to usually be January after christmas and march. but it could be anytime. I would never book christmas though.
snow conditions
January in Europe - last minute booking where the snow is good. Usually cheap and because it's booked with snow conditions as part of the criteria, it's always excellent.

February for Canada if i can afford it.
snow conditions
I've always been second/third week of January but I've had a few trips in March as a sneaky second skiing holiday! Cool
snow conditions
We go out for the entire school closure period and usually a few days before that because we do the family Xmas. The skiing isn't so important then, we also do lots of walking and eating.

We go on our proper mates ski trip late Feb/ early March for 10 days which is better all round for snow and less walking and eating are done. Seems to work well but having a family apartment makes all the difference. If I was paying it would be late Jan or March not in the hols.
snow report
I always go away for Christmas and New Year as being on my own at home is so depressing. I enjoy staying at the same hotel each year and there are now a few of us regulars who meet up and ski together. I also get a week before the schools start their winter break, and a week after that. As I taught for many years I feel I've done my bit of skiing in the crowds. Depending on conditions I may have another few days at Easter. But as I live within 30 minutes drive of Ski Welt, I can make day trips or even half day trips while I'm working from home. My boss is also a keen skier so he has reorganized my scheduled so we can go skiing together on Fridays or Mondays if we want to!
latest report
First week of Feb. Snow always good, often blue skies, not too busy and it gives me something to look forward to during otherwise miserable Jan. Any later and I'm starting to think about Spring and having other kinds of fun.

Shipjack
snow report
Also in the southern hemisphere and glaciers outside this window.
snow conditions
Normally Christmas plus another week (at least) somewhere, sometime. This year, not Christmas but off to Les Gets tomorrow. Fingers crossed that the snow Gods will deliver at least what they are hinting at.
latest report
Ray Zorro nice to see multiple-choice polling back to sH after a long gap. Thank you. And it's popular - > 175 voters so far.

Can anyone now set up polls again (even the simpler version...) or do you need special sH powers?
ski holidays
@Dubaian, I could only do it in the test forum, then I moved it to here. So I'm presuming that only a few of us can do it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RichardB wrote:
I've always been second/third week of January but I've had a few trips in March as a sneaky second skiing holiday! Cool

Nothing sneaky about a 2nd trip! It's the 4th & 5th that are pushing it. As I constantly ask my wife - what's the point of a hobbby that I only get to participate in once a year?
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, OK - I'll live with that. If I get any good ideas for a poll I'll PM you, if you don't mind.
snow conditions
@Dubaian, yes - sure, no problem Very Happy
latest report
Having school age kids has flipped us from Jan & March trips to school hol dates. Christmas abroad, then a few days in Scotland for half term and Easter has been our pattern in recent seasons. Also been away without the family a few weeks at other times for instructor exams, not sure if those are holidays !
latest report
That week before Christmas week is a firm favourite of ours. This season my eldest was the only one in his etoile d'Or class, and my youngest was one of two kids in piou piou, and had the creche to himself all week, with three lovely french ladies to look after him. Result! 😁
ski holidays
I'm bumping this so that those returning from a New Year's trip might see it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy