Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best runs / circuits in Breuil-Cervinia?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading out to Cervinia early doors tomorrow for four days. Does anyone have favourite/ recommended runs or circuits? We like long reds rather than steep blacks. Given the lack of snow recommendations for morning or afternoon pistes also very welcome, as are any recommendations for bars and restaurants not too raucous nor too quiet. And for NYE? Felice anno nuovo!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The ultra long run from the very top down to Valtourenche needs to be done. Longest run in Europe, 21km I think. You'll be fine for long reds, almost all the runs are.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Claude B, Grazie. Does anyone know if that run is open past Salette?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowsartre wrote:
Heading out to Cervinia early doors tomorrow for four days. Does anyone have favourite/ recommended runs or circuits? We like long reds rather than steep blacks. Given the lack of snow recommendations for morning or afternoon pistes also very welcome, as are any recommendations for bars and restaurants not too raucous nor too quiet. And for NYE? Felice anno nuovo!

I hope you enjoy Cervinia. While conditions in the Alps generally are not great due to lack of natural snow and Italy in particular is suffering the man made pistes in Cervinia and the glacier pistes up high are making for some very enjoyable times.

I assume you have a piste map (you can download one from the website). While Cervinia is generally south facing, at this time of the year the fact that it is actually facing slightly south west has a larger impact. So in the early morning you are better off on the left hand side as you look at the piste map. So get the lifts up from town to Plan Maison and then walk out of the lift station and straight on to the chair lift you can see directly in front of you. Three chair lifts takes you up to the ridge at Theodulpass. The sking from there back down to Plan Maison is very nice.

Unfortunately the lifts on the far left up from Plan Torrette are not open yet.

As the day wears on you can move further right. Take the lift up from Plan Maison (in the station block that you got to first thing) to Laghi Cime Bianche and then the big cable car up to Plateau Rosa Testa Grigia. The run (number 7, known as the Ventina) from there back into town is to die for. Just to the right I personally like run 37 – but it is served by an old open chair lift and even at the height of the sun at this time of year never fully makes it out of the shade.

If you buy a Cervinia pass you automatically get Valtournenche included (vice verse is not the case). However the pistes over in Valtournenche are very icy indeed. Most times I would definitely say it is worth going over there but I must admit I didn't particularly enjoy it when I was there a couple of days ago. In answer to someone else’s question the run from Salette down to Valtournenche is open. Arguably it is in better shape than the slopes higher up in that sector although obviously it is 100% artificial snow at present.

Do you intend to get an international pass? I think for 4 days it is only €34 extra. It is certainly worth it. Even if you just stay on Klein Matterhorn sector on the Swiss side the snow conditions are a lot better – and higher up it is natural snow that is staying in good condition all day long. The runs from Furggsattel down to Trockener Steg are in fantastic shape. It would also allow you to do the massive run from the top of Klein Matterhorn joining on to the Ventina that I described above. I prefer that to the theoretically longer Klein Matterhorn to Valtournenche run mentioned by a poster above as the latter involves stopping skiing at Colle Inferior Cime Bianche to get a short chair lift into the Valtournence bowl.

Have fun.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowheads at its best. Someone asks a sensible question and 2 hours later has a detailed explanation. Brilliant!

I just looked in to give the one word answer: Ventina.

We did two trips to Cervinia about 25 years ago and it was superb then for an early intermediate prepared to give it a bit of a go.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just got back from Cervinia yesterday and the post from JohnMo is spot on.
An international pass is a must. Went over to Zermatt on Christmas eve and to finish the day the four of us skied from the top of Klein Matterhorn down to the Breuil on the 85 and the 7 to complete a brilliant day.
The runs down to Salette early on Christmas day were not as good as a couple of days earlier so we ventured back to the Swiss side , we skied the 71 , 72 and the bumps inbetween from the Furggastel lift.
Took the gondola to the Klein matterhorn , had to queue on day , straight through the next. We used the T bars on the final day not my favourite but the girls loved them.
We used to ski the number 6 and 5 into the village at the end of most days , the last 2 days did have some deterioration at the end of the day. The work done to keep the resort runs open was excellent considering the lack of snow. I had been expecting much worse conditions after following the webcam daily for two weeks prior to the holiday.
Sunshine all week which was great .
We had a great holiday
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@DJL, +1! Thanks, @JohnMo, can't wait. Just not looking forward to getting up at 4am but should be on pistes by midday Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Was Red 69 open? Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dr Rock wrote:
Was Red 69 open? Puzzled

No. It takes a fair bit of snow to open that. Even red 70 wasn't open but it was prepared so a lot of people were going down it in any case.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Are there any tree lined runs in the resort?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Ray Zorro, a few trees down to Valtournenche and lower down on the Zermatt side but the Cervinia bowl itself is above the tree line, hence why it can get a bit bleak and windswept there in bad weather.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Dr Rock wrote:
Was Red 69 open?
No. It takes a fair bit of snow to open that. Even red 70 wasn't open but it was prepared so a lot of people were going down it in any case.

Evil or Very Mad 2 weeks to get enough snow then...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Back from Cervinia and had great trip. Town is charming. The slopes are generally in great shape. The Levin Matterhorn glacier has excellent snow. More is forecast. If you are heading there shortly you are more than fortunate. Enjoy. 😎
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
One of my best skiing memories involves catching the last large cable car up to the link to Switzerland, having a drink in a bar letting the last traffic precede me and then blitzing down to Cervinia with occasional stops to take in the majesty of the developing alpenglow on the Matterhorn, fantastic fantastic long wide run with incredible scenery.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy