Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski buddy

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all went sking for the 1st time last year and really enjoyed it Smile made it from the top of chamrosse within the week so would like to think i picked it up quick.

Egor to go again but dont want to go alone, not the most social of butterflies so not sure if the group things would suit me?
Looking for another newbie looking to get away any time between 1st jan - 22nd jan to any resort. I'm aged 33 male and live n.e. lincs so mancheter, leeds, donny or even humberside would be preffered airports.

Not sure what else to say.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanx
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
By last year i mean this year lol
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@shaunyski, have a look at the MYAsHBash.
Yes it's a group but one of the points of the Bashes is that they're friendly enough that you've always got company if you want it while being big enough that you can disappear as and when you need/wish to.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi @shaunyski,

I don't know if it is any help, but we have some chalet spaces available during January, priced at £299 per person fully catered with no single supplement.

You would be travelling on your own but the evenings in the chalet are usually quite sociable if you want others to chat to.

Any use? Details via the link below. . .

Happy planning!
Heather
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Singlesport will be in Courchevel on 16 January & our trip includes lessons. We have several people at your standard. hope it might work for you.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi peeps thanx for your replies Smile

still slugging it at work so not had not a lot of time to reaserch over christmas..

Been having a read through that MYAsHbash and its starting to look quite apealing tho Smile still jst trying to read through all the posts though lol that upside down pic of a green mountain looks a little jubious???

The chalet's also sounds an option but i suppose its quite a risk being stuck with the same peeps all week lol i take it ski hire, lift pass and flights are not included?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can find "green fields pictures" of resorts all over the alps at the moment and tales of doom and gloom (as there always is in Dec). I'm just back from LaRosiere where you could do the same depending on where you point the camera. However I skied every day 10am to 3.30-4pm. Sure some conditions are sketchysome pistes closed but some pistes were in the best condition I've seen them in 4 visits.

There will be snow mid Jan.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanx for reasuring me Smile am sure that many snowheads in one place cant be far wrong.. Hehe

Looked through the myashbash some, price started to wonder up to 800 which is a little off putting..

Will give it some more head scratching lol
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry but how are you managing to get the price to "Wander up to 800"?
Even the most expensive option is just £625 with Skyscanner declaring flights out of Manchester at £56rtn.

Even then though, if you're flexible about what sort of room you go in, there's £30 off and another £10 off if you're open about which of the 2 hotels you go in. So that would set a max price of £585. Chances are though, you'd end up in a triple (or quad) so that knocks another £40 (or £85) off.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I didnt mean to ofend sorry..
I have alot of apreciation for all the hard work people put into things like this...
And to be doing it with so many like minded people is worth its weight in gold..

I've took a couple of screen shots so if i've done something wrong let me know..

One mistake i did notice was i added extra tuition to the enthusiastic learns package which i didnt want..
Not that i'm any good jst think two hours is enough then i'll pick up the rest falling over lol

Triple was the most discount room but i dont real mind... All the quads seem to have gone?(wouldnt let me black dot it?)

Then flights.. Added essentials for the luggage.

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@shaunyski, don't worry: you've not offended Laughing
Apologies if I gave that impression. In my mind, I'm seeing this as "around £500 + the flight" so I was just wondering how you were coming to £800.

Nice bit of screen-shottery.
OK, so the lift pass extension adds £75 and yeah, OK I suppose luggage of some kind is going to be needed Wink

A way you can save £30 is by selecting the "Don't mind - wherever suits" room option. You'll be charged £10 more initially but when you get allocated a triple (because that's what is left), you'll get £40 refunded.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh thats good then Smile I see the deal is for half board so that makes it worth while

Arr right so if i pick not bothered on room thats another 30 to come off as will end up in a tripple...

I picked the extra lift pass as knowing me will be bombing around as much as poss so will prob use 400 lift points fairly quickly.. how does that points system work? each lift has a set value of points? any kind of a guide/price list to the lifts?

I'm keen to try snowboarding this time rather than skiing so will be starting from the bottom learning againg which i guess will stop me useing as many points up..
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shaunyski wrote:
Oh thats good then Smile I see the deal is for half board so that makes it worth while
Oh yes, and the food was good last year - the hotel restau is also a pizzeria so Pizza is also one of the options each night.
Quote:

Arr right so if i pick not bothered on room thats another 30 to come off as will end up in a tripple...

I picked the extra lift pass as knowing me will be bombing around as much as poss so will prob use 400 lift points fairly quickly.. how does that points system work? each lift has a set value of points? any kind of a guide/price list to the lifts?
Yes, bigger lifts cost more points. I don't know exact points values myself but I expect one of the Learners from last year will likely have a handle on it. Ask on the MYAsHBash topic.
They all got right into it and used their points up before the end of the week. The idea of the points pass is to keep the initial cost of commitment down for those who aren't sure they'll like it. If you already know you're into it then yes, the all area upgrade is a no-brainer.
Quote:

I'm keen to try snowboarding this time rather than skiing so will be starting from the bottom learning againg which i guess will stop me useing as many points up..
Pigeondave was a total novice last year who got totally into it and used his points up by about Tuesday or Wednesday. I think he worked out that he'd done the beginners' slope 60+ times Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pizza sounds nice Smile

Oh right.. think that sounds like a no brainer as you say..
Whats the percentage boarders to skiiers? i'd like to try boarding but not if i'm the only one.. heard in the past about a rivalry between boarders n skiiers lol
Skiing, done blues and a couple of red's did a black with a guide so would eat up them points i rek.. I see theres a lot of reds at livigno so would be good for my next progression... maybe!? lol

Itching ever closer, jst get these last couple of night shifts out the way then hopefully i'll be in a better frame of mind to commit after a couple of days Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@shaunyski, best thing is to get asking questions on the MYasHbash topic - there are boarders but I don't remember off-hand how many or what their standards are.

Livigno is spot on for your level - the only thing it's missing is a variety of challenging black runs. It has a few blacks but not particularly tricky ones and you wont be needing those just yet Wink
The resort is a tax free zone so drinks are cheap and it's Italy so the food is good. The hotel is right next to the slope, with the beginners slope right behind us so gravity brings our beginners directly back to lunch snowHead
ski holidays
Thanx @admin, i will take it from here in the MYasHbash Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy