Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski servicing and tuning - Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have recommendations for a ski tech in Chamonix area who could be relied on to prepare skis properly for racing? eg specific angles, potentially different waxes etc. I know of Ski Clinic in Cluses, but looking for something more local.

There are obviously a lot of shops, but I'm looking for more care and attention than a routine service might be expected to deliver.
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe ask the Club des Sports if they can recommend anyone.

Most racers will prepare their own skis though and the CdS may have their own machines.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@footsoldier, Although it's a mostly machine service Concept Pro behind the Aiguille du Midi can do whatever you ask re edges, etc. although maybe not different waxes? Special full service €40.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for concept pro but you would need to talk to them. There used to be a shop near the cinema that did race tuning, not sure if it's still there. Echo base in Le Praz is a small independent they might be able to help.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 again for Concept Pro - been very pleased with them for both servicing and a fairly deep gouge repair. They have also given me great advice on other stuff and when they couldn't do something themselves (repair to my boots) had no hesitation recommending who would do a good job (Snell's).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@footsoldier, may I ask why you are asking? As above, most racers I know do their own prep...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My son is racing. I make sure he does all his own prep for training etc, but he is young and still learning how to do it properly, so I'm going to get them prepped for him before big races, as long as he does it for himself the rest of the time. Ski Clinic in Cluses do this for others as part of their season race rental packages.

One of the coaches checked another same age (and more experienced) racer's skis last week and found his edge angle was 93! They get left to their own devices and no-one really knows what's been done most of the time.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@footsoldier, I wouldn't bother getting anything special done for a younger racer, particularly if they don't have more than one pair of skis for each discipline.

If you have a good file guide then there shouldn't be much to go wrong when doing the edges. Maybe use a level higher wax than you would for training, there is no point in using really high end wax if it will surprise the racer with the extra speed.

If he is doing the Anglo Scottish races in Les Houches there may be a servicing room available, watching what other people do can be a good way to learn.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What @rjs says. More important than what wax for younger racers is being able to ski the correct line with minimal skid - so good edges are needed, no point in going at warp factor if his skis are not pointing in the correct direction.

I mostly still prep my son oski's skis - he's now first year U16 - but he does know what he wants and does it himself some of the time (and complains that I've not done it!).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Concept pro without any hesitation, best ski tune in the valley - down in Sallanches Mont Blanc sports or way out in Cluses there is a race specific shop (sorry the name escapes me)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks - Cluses is Ski Clinic? Anyway, I'll go and have a chat with Concept Pro - had a look in today.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@footsoldier, Cluses is Ski Clinic
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy