Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski recommendation for 15 year old girl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My daughter has been skiing on Fischer RC4 GS skis for a couple of years then bought twin tips last year. She has been doing bits and bobs of ski racing with school and using GS skis for that. She has been recommended for race training and we will get her a second hand pair of slalom skis for that.
She is 169cm tall and weighs 52kg. She wants to sell both sets of skis and buy a new pair of skis that can be fast in piste (she likes her speed Very Happy ) but can also handle 'off piste', ie in between pistes and trees etc.
Any recommendations for a ski that will fit the bill?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you selling the RC4s and Twin Tips and replacing them with with a pair of SLs and another type TBC? Or looking for a single pair for both racing and fun? I don't think the latter would work.

If you are looking for 2 pairs then I would have thought her Twin Tips would have been ideal for; "...can also handle 'off piste', ie in between pistes and trees etc." I got my son (8 years old, 143cm and 5st 10lb) a set of K2 Juvys @139cm. He loves then. They are a great "All Mountain" ski and he can carve them easily and they have a wide enough waist for him to have a bit of fun off the edge of the piste. However, he didn't get much of a chance to try them off-piste in Tignes last weekend as it was too rocky.

Were the Redsters on the other thread not of interest? There are also a pair of Salomon Flyer twin tips @ 151 cm on the ATC Ski Pool that may be of interest.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gaza, could not find the redsters for sake but funnily enough that seems to be the ski she is drawn too.
She does not like the twin tips - too slow.
Both my boys have had the juvys and love them.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try this - https://www.facebook.com/groups/638315056298576/?fref=ts# - If you are not already a member you may have to join the group to view the posts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@boabski, My daughter is 15, just got her K2 Remedy ski's. A bit stiffer then the Juvy's, they demand a bit more. But honestly, if she wants to go through the trees and race, and wants one set of ski's, she needs to choose. Otherwise it's two sets of ski's.

The K2 Remedy's are quite quick and high performance. My daughter has about the same specs as yours, height and weight. I got them in 169 for her.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have decided on the Dynastar Active 10. Got excellent reviews on the GB ski club test and Snow magazine. Seems to tick the boxes - almost race performance on piste and good off.
@HeidiAmsterdam, @Gaza, thanks to both of you for your input.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@boabski, I hope she likes them. However, if she is serious about her racing then they may hold her back. Reading the description and reviews they sound like a good on-piste ski that will allow a bit of fun off-piste. My son moved from a soft(ish) Atomic piste ski to Salomon Race SL JR this year and once he got the hang of them they improved his racing enormously. In the last 12 months he is around 20 seconds quicker from the top of Hillend. While it is a bit unscientific as the courses are not identical and he has done a fair bit of training that helps him get the best out of the equipment; I do think that having a dedicated race ski has helped.

If you haven't already bought them, are you able to get to Braehead and see when Ellis Bigham have that she could demo? Tuesday nights are a good option as ATC run a training night so there are likely to be poles up. In fact, I'll be there tonight with my son. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gaza, these will be for holidays etc. Will buy a pair of second hand slalom skis for the racing. Planning to have a wee saunter down to the Tuesday night thing to see how it goes. Thanks for your input
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh and ellis Brigham don't stock Dynastar so couldn't try em out
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boabski wrote:
@Gaza, these will be for holidays etc. Will buy a pair of second hand slalom skis for the racing. Planning to have a wee saunter down to the Tuesday night thing to see how it goes. Thanks for your input

Now you have answered the question I asked originally the choice makes sense. Very Happy Very Happy

We don't normally do ATC on Tuesdays as I work away during the week and my wife has no interest in a 3+ hour round trip to sit in Bar Varia. Laughing Laughing Laughing However, we did it last night as I'm home this week and it seemed good. We've done other bits of ATC stuff and the coaches are good.

Also worth considering Snow Factor Racing on a Sunday morning @BalernoStu is one of the coaches.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy