Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Baqueira Pyrenees 16

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The snow's pretty good here in Baqueira. Temps are about 2-8C depending where you are on the mountain but with a stiff breeze keeping it cooler. Hasn't snowed since end November but they'd had a lot then which they've managed extremely well, helped by the fact that its been cold enough at night for their extensive snow cannons to be running. Not enough off-piste coverage although I did find a few hundred metres of great spring corn yesterday afternoon after a tip-off from a friendly liftie. Pistes are excellent if hard first thing so I've not been going out until late morning when they're then about perfect through to mid afternoon. I've skied back to town (1500m) at 4.30/5pm everyday with no problems although there's been the odd brown/bare/slushy patch to slalom. Next snow forecast for 29th Dec.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 28-12-15 11:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@spyderjon, Glad you are enjoying it, some lovely skiing plus the champagne bar between runs...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gonna do the champagne bar tomorrow as a Christmas Day treat.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Christmas Day
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Before or after the Champagne bar ?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
an article here in ski mag saying Baqueira is the best , have thought this area would be good place to live next to south of France , Spain & skiing in the Pyrenees

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/features/11266120/Baqueira-Beret-Spain-is-this-the-worlds-best-ski-resort.html
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great skiing at Baqueira, we have been taking guests there for over 10 years and have seen a massive change especially over the last two years. Generally the skiing is top notch, though it is not worth skiing that much at Baqueira itself as it all much of the same. Beret is great, and there is some awesome skiing off the back of Baqueira towards Bonaigua.

The Moet Winter lounge at Orri is superb, as is the new wine and tapas bar at Bonaigua though some of the other food stops on the mountain are a bit basic but cheap.

The major down side of Baqueira is there is no real centre, no heart and soul - though again some of the bars and hotels are trying to grab a bigger slice of the apres ski market.

A lot of Spanish stay in Vielha and drive up as Vielha is quite bustling and busy.

Would I buy or live in Baqueira - no way, but I cannot deny that I love skiing there.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Ski Guide, Are you Luchon ? I keep wondering if that's the sweet spot to buy for the Pyrenees.

The other place that's nice to eat (Eggy Chips are our treat) is the old 'Castle' across from Bonaigua. Down stairs is informal and upstairs is a good restaurant by all accounts.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Now you tell me where the decent places to eat are! Had a good day there on the 27th, the Tourmalet area was much busier with poorer snow quality the following day.

At least in France I had a decent lunch Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy