Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski - change of hotel

Poster: A snowHead
Walked past earlier and as Stewart says its looking good. All the tables set up and a few people eating plus others having a drink at the bar.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For all of you who have been extremely helpful and supportive, thanks very much. I'll be there from 16th Feb and would be up for drinks (first ones on me) and skiing. Hope to see you guys soon! Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Kennyboyo, My sons also in there on the 16th with a reasonable sized group. I don't think that you'll be short of drinking buddies Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Kennyboyo, Just re-read your post. Did me mean the 16th of Feb? (that's a Tuesday).

We're out next weekend (16th Jan) Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry, yes I meant to say Ill be there next weekend on 16th Jan.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@MSG101, is it worth taking our cosies to Alpina? We just booked last night.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We never used the pool. Looked OK from outside, but I suspect you'd be better off getting the free bus ten minutes to Le Lagon at the other end of the lake (Le Lac). Maybe 20m rectangular.
Still, take the cosies - they're not going to put your luggage over the weight limit!
Don't lose your room key like I did. 50 Euros for a replacement! Best bet - put it in with the ski pass and you won't take it out of the pocket with your hankie half way up a chairlift.
Hope you have a great time - a lot more snow there now, I think.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@NE1, not sure if you are aware but the swimming pool is free with your lift pass. If you are feeling energetic they also do free aqua classes. Check out the Tignes web site for details.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@stewart woodward, yes we knew that thanks, but are just too lazy to go there after a day on the slopes. A pool in the building seems a good idea.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helllo @NE1. We just returned last night from a week at the Alpina. We had a great week, but I thought it may be helpful to share a few things about the hotel.

Overall we had a great week.

We had a room for two, but there was an extra bed in the very small area outside the bathroom. The room is seriously small. I know there is advice on here to try and get an upgrade to a bigger room and if you can, I definitely would. We didn't bother as we never saw our Inghams rep, and we couldn't be bothered to chase her down, and I guess we don't usually make too much of a fuss. It was manageable, but honestly, you could not both stand up at the same time to walk around the room without bumping into each other. It was basic, but very clean. The shower room is a small wet room. They change the towels on Wednesday (our TO info pack said they just emptied the bins - they don't , they come in every day and tidy the room and the bathroom).

There is a £300euro deposit taken on you credit card when you check in for any 'damages'. I always get nervous when this happens, but it is too early to see if we are charged anything but there shouldn't be any reason to do so.

If you check out before 7.30 reception is closed. We left our key in the room and told the rep but reading @MSG101 's comment about charging for missing keys we hope there is no problem with this.

We thought the food was great. It is like very good, French home cooking. It's all buffet so you can pick and choose. Not huge amount of choice, one meat, one fish, some veg, and one type of carb (polenta, potatos, pasta, ect.). There is a cold salad bar for starter and a soup. A couple of choices of dessert, or ice cream. We really enjoyed the meals and ordered a 1/2 ltr carafe of house wine for €7.50 which was very drinkable but they have a proper wine list and you can drink your bottle over a couple of nights if you prefer. it was about 75% French people in the restaurant, 25% British. The staff were really pleasant to us.

We didn't use the pool, but there were a lot of people going to and fro with their swimming costumes and towels so it was obviously well used. Many of them seem to have big towels with them so they will have brought them from home. We took the bus to La Lac and used the pool there which was fabulous. If you have a whiteout day where you may not be out for as long as usual, it's a very pleasant way to spend the day. There is a wellness centre there and you can hire robes and towels at the desk.

Anything else we can tell you about the Alpina, let us know.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@lynnecha, @MSG101, does the place have wifi?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
duplicate post

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 8-02-16 17:29; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes, 20 Euros for the week per device. Signal variable, but mostly OK in our room (402) apart from a few times at peak use periods.

Also forgot to say, 1.65euros per person per day payable on checkin for local tax, about 25 euros for the two of us for the week.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@lynnecha, ok, thanks
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Booked dinner for 7 of us in the Hotel 2100 tonight. The bar & restaurant look impressive, hopefully the food will be as good Puzzled
ski holidays
@stewart woodward, Just don't ask to use one of the en-suite bathrooms - its more than Tignes could cope with wink wink
latest report
chocksaway wrote:
@stewart woodward, Just don't ask to use one of the en-suite bathrooms - its more than Tignes could cope with wink wink

Managed to avoid the en-suite bathrooms so Tignes is safe wink

The open plan bar/restaurant area was in a much better condition than last time I crept in before the official opening. They have created a warm welcoming atmosphere which was surprisingly quiet even though it was full of a mixture of Scandinavian & British guests.
The menu is not extensive but has a good range from pizzas to steaks. The food was excellent, all freshly prepared and well presented. The service is good but it is not a fast food joint so don't expect a quick meal. If you going with young children it is maybe best to book an early table otherwise you will not be leaving much before 10 pm.
The prices are more than reasonable for Tignes (Pizzas €12-15, Steaks €18-25, expresso €1.50, Wine €3.50) and we have paid much more for inferior food.

We will def be going back.
snow conditions
Just back from a week at Chalet Alpina and we concur with everything that lynnecha has to say. We really enjoyed the feeling of actually being amongst French people when in France and will have no hesitation to return, we may have found our new home in France. We used the pool, it was a bit on the chilly side but perfectly adequate for a post-ski dip. The wifi wasn't working so we can't comment on that and we weren't charged the local tax. snowHead
ski holidays
@NE1, what type of room did you have? Our main issue was that our room was so small so any tips on getting a better one would be helpful. Glad you had a good week. Very Happy
snow report
Just a quick word about the Langley 2100/Crystal Hotel.

Four of us booked in for dinner on Thursday evening. (two resident snowheads and ourselves). The restaurant has a good "feel" about it. The staff were friendly and efficient. Various dishes were ordered and all plates cleared except for one. (the portion served would have fed a small family!)

Prices as per Stewart W's comments previously. A great evening all round and something a little different from the usual Savoyard fayre.

The place got a bit of a flaming earlier in the season so it's nice to be able to add some balance with a positive experience. Delays meant that they were "on the back foot" and opened without the chance to run the usual simulations. Things have clearly improved now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy