Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl instructor recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've never been to Obergurgl so don't know the ski schools there.
Any personal recommendations for private lessons for an adult who is a complete beginner never been on skis?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It might be worth getting some basic skills at your local ski slope before you go. I think even if you had an hours taster lesson (which is all I had before Ifirst went skiing) would mean you would get more out of your time even if you went for the standard group lessons
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Giffordpikes, haha, having seen the OP ski, I can safely say she is asking on behalf of someone else! Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, we skied in Obergurgl at the beginning of December and hired a private instructor for the two of us through the main Obergurgl ski school (we're not beginners, but he said he often teaches complete beginners). He was an Austrian guy called Paul and was really great - helpful, patient, fun, fluent English, definitely recommended. Sorry not to have his direct contact details but here's the link to the school: http://www.skischule-obergurgl.com/en/ski-school-tyrol.html. It's based just behind the big Intersport and in front of the Eidelweiss hotel.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hurtle, why thank you Madam Blush
Yes, I am asking on behalf of someone else and they would probably have a little go in a Snowdome first. With that said it wouldn't bother them to start completely from scratch in a resort I think they will pick it up easily either way.

So it's the ski instructor recommendation I'm after....
in Obergurgl if anyone knows of someone they like?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@skibean, many thanks! Will look up Paul.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@VolklAttivaS5, Josef Riml (not 100% certain of surname) older guy, Obergurgl resident all his life. Had a great improvement lesson with him last January again booked through the Obergurgl Ski school but the one behind the Hochfirst hotel near the foot of the Festkogelbahn. Will be emailing myself to book him again for this January.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy