Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Welt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are beginners on the ski welt at Scheffau. It was fantastically warm on Sunday, and even to our untrained and inexperienced eye, the snow is disappearing really quickly. The cannons are not working even at night as the temps are too high. I am fairly certain that there will be enough snow to see us through the week, but there is much grumbling among those more proficient than us about what is left to ski on.

An instructor today was saying that with no snow forecast and no low temps to get the machines going, that the mountain could be closed for skiing by the weekend. I really hope not because this is a great place and all the people we have dealt with here have been fantastic.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah thats not good to hear. I fly out on boxing day for a week and was hoping for the snow to hold for a little skiing. Better pack my hiking boots instead 😢
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The hiking is really good ! One of our party opted for that yesterday. The piste makers are working miracles, closing runs, breaking them up with diggers and then tractor hauling the snow obtained up to the top of the mountain to spread it around. Very narrow and busy pistes in Scheffau. Not helped that conditions are worse in the rest of the ski welt, so the more mobile skiers heading over here. Difficult as a beginner as there is really not much room to manoeuvre on what are normally very wide pistes. We are having a lovely time, though and have spectacular tans...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy