Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Austria in February

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We are a couple going on our second skiing holiday, and looking for a resort in Austria in late Feb (flying into Salzburg).

We are both beginners/intermediates and want the following

* good selection of blue and red runs
* strong possibility of good snow
* picturesque town/skiing
* place with good restaraunt selection.
* less than 3 hours from Salzburg

Was originally thinking soll, but put off by mixed reviews and risk of no snow. Any help much appreciated!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zell am See

Hands down the most picturesque place I've ever been, Great apres.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Zell am see.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't worry about no snow in Soll in Feb.

Kitzbuhel is lovely. Maria Alm is pretty too. For skiing I would look at Saalbach or Ski Amade.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Visited Soll in Feb 2014. Generally a poor snow year for low resorts in the northern Alps (like Soll), but the snow was fine when we were there. Just about as good as you can get in Austria for blue and (mainly easy) red runs, with lots of snowmaking. The quickest way out of the local area is via a reasonably steep red. Plenty of restaurants and the town's quite pretty. Only downside for us was the 15-minute uphill walk from the village to the lifts, although there is a free bus.

Saalbach a good alternative, or other places in the SkiWelt such as Ellmau (my first skiing holiday!). Ellmau's local slopes are a bit gentler than Soll's.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
another vote for Ellmau, been twice and love it here. also been to Zell and would go back but prefer the skiing in the ski welt.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you're flying into Saltz then I'm another vote for Saalbach/Hinterglemm. skied there in 2014, very good skiing both sides of the valley, Ski south slopes AM and north PM perfect. We stayed in Hinterglemm which is a little smaller and prettier than Saalbach although there are still a good few banging Apres bars Toofy Grin full on dancing of table experience!

The mountain restaurants are fab, try the Reiteralm on blue 34/red 36a, fantastic food!! and very reasonable at around 15 euros.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

* good selection of blue and red runs

* strong possibility of good snow

* picturesque town/skiing

* place with good restaraunt selection.

* less than 3 hours from Salzburg

Saalbach ticks all your boxes - biggest fully lift-linked area in Austria with mainly easy-cruising blue and red runs, higher altitude that many other Austrian resorts, including the others mentioned above, attractive village and scenery (most people we've spoken to prefer it to Hinterglemm, which is okay bot not as compact and ski convenient), excellent selection of reasonably-priced restaurants, and just over an hour from Salzburg.
If you would like a copy of my comprehensive guide to Saalbach, covering just about everything, send me a personal message with your e-mail address.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hinterglemm (Saalbach).
Kitzbuhel.
Igls.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gastein Valley? I love Bad Gastein but dropped it for Kaprun this year. Been to BG for the last 3 years though. No reason to change as BG suits my kids ability well but I like to mix it up a bit.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whitegold wrote:
Hinterglemm (Saalbach).
Kitzbuhel.
Igls.

Igls?!?!

The only box it ticks from the OP's list is picturesque skiing, and that's only because when you're skiing on Patscherköfel you don't have to look at Patscherköfel wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy