Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo skier, weeks skiing all in for less than £800

Poster: A snowHead
I suspect this is a common theme on the forum but thought i would ask. I am a solo skier who would like to see if it is possible to book a ski trip to the alps for a week for under £800 all in. By all in I am talking flights, transfer/car hire, accommodation, lift pass, ski/boot hire. I'm not fussed when or where I go (although I do have a soft spot for Austria), happy to stay in a single room on my own and ski on my own or happy to share with other like minded people in a chalet if need be (I am 43, so by like minded people im thinking middle age types rather than youths). Im a poor intermediate who prefers cruisy runs rather than steep, but can cope with something a bit steeper if need be.
At the moment I am thinking because I am flexible my best option may be to book something last minute when it takes my fancy. Would be interested to know if anyone else has has a similar need in the past and what the best options may be. Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dead easy I would have thought, any of the tour operators should be able to sort you out something good in Austria or Italy for £800, as long as you avoid school holidays.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
not any I have looked at, can get flights and accommodation for less than £800 but not including ski / boot hire and lift pass!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
plus tour operators tend to charge a supplement for a solo traveller.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have a look at this thread

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=122051
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm looking to maybe go out to Alleghe on Jan 23rd, hopefully to meet some folks on the pre season bash which is full. I can get flights from Stansted for £50 return. Lift pass about £160 and hotels vary but the very cheapest option is looking about £170 per person if I can get one more person - Car hire about £50 each for two. Not sure what tha that is all in.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most bashes should come in under that budget! Or at least very close to it.
Never a need to pay solo supp unless you want to as room-shares are done by D.A.D.M.I.N
Dynamic Accommodation Delegation Maximising Inclusion of Noobs!

For example The MYAsHBash - Transfer, HB piste-side hotel, Liftpass and ski hire = £625 if you want to assure yourself of a place in a twin room. But depending upon how 'not fussy' you are about rooms etc. it could be as little as £500!

Skyscanner says flights are "from £64" out of London and £71 out of Manc. So that leaves what, between £100 and £225 for lunches, beer and Bombardini!

If you go for the learners' deal you get Skis & boots + lessons too! But a points lift pass which you'd probably need to upgrade.
On the Smart Alecs' deal, you get the full area pass but you don't get boots included although they're not expensive to add.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 21-12-15 19:50; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dadmin. You're alive! Can you message me. I want to get on a bash
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That may well be, @cameronphillips2000, but you waited until 2 months after it was full to decide didn't you? Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well it wasn't entirely my decision.........
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So what you're saying, in effect, is "A big boy made me do it and ran away"?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
More of a big wife
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Has finally allowed me out to play
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I can get in Billy Nomates Hotel but how sad would that be?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ah yes, 2 grades above a smallwife and 1 up from a midwife.
ski holidays
It would be a little tragic... tis true.
latest report
Fortunately, she hates skiing so would never stumble across such a forum and find I've called her a big wife.
snow conditions
Just priced up a hol for you in mayrhofen
£587 ! 16-1-16
Pass, flights, hotel, b&b, transfer, hire !

http://www.crystalski.co.uk/search/ac.27

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 22-12-15 15:12; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Similar situation to you -

Booked a 3 Star catered chalet in L2A with Crystal for a week at the end of Jan (no euro school hols) . . .Single room, Full Lift Pass and Ski carriage for £745 . . .got £100 discount with Ski Club GB so £645 all in and a week of no cooking / free cheap wine - not bad for a package deal.

Do a search on Crystal for single supp availability locations . . .just checked and if you leave it late you might bag a double room for a single price as they'll need to fill the property
snow conditions
Bulgaria.
latest report
Bash is the answer. Check the options on the bash threads in snowEvents but frankly you'd struggle to blow an 800 budget on all but the most expensive of them. The livigno trip sounds ideal, but eosb would be well under budget too.
ski holidays
@DRHOSKING,
Try any of the UCPA centres in France. At your level, for £500 to £600 you get full time instruction, equipment, lift pass, all your food and accommodation (shared room). Choose somewhere convenient from Geneva and you can travel for about £100 including transfers. Check the Action Outdoors website. They are the UK agent.

If you search this forum, you will find lots of UCPA reviews.
latest report
Bashes are good value and you get to meet lots of nice people.

If you're going for a package BUlgaria is probably cheapest along with Andorra.
If you're going independent then Ryanair Stansted Treviso is teh cheapest way to get to the Alps and then Booking.com to find accomodation
latest report
Thank you for all the replies! Seems like the big bash events are good value and also looks like Crystal have lots of options for someone like me, cheers!
I had discounted the big tour operators as from past experience i couldn't find anything suitable in my budget, but looks like Crystal is now a good option.
snow conditions
DRHOSKING wrote:
I suspect this is a common theme on the forum but thought i would ask. I am a solo skier who would like to see if it is possible to book a ski trip to the alps for a week for under £800 all in. By all in I am talking flights, transfer/car hire, accommodation, lift pass, ski/boot hire. I'm not fussed when or where I go (although I do have a soft spot for Austria), happy to stay in a single room on my own and ski on my own or happy to share with other like minded people in a chalet if need be (I am 43, so by like minded people im thinking middle age types rather than youths). Im a poor intermediate who prefers cruisy runs rather than steep, but can cope with something a bit steeper if need be.
At the moment I am thinking because I am flexible my best option may be to book something last minute when it takes my fancy. Would be interested to know if anyone else has has a similar need in the past and what the best options may be. Thanks in advance.

I have done it every year for several years now.

This year I booked in November for a trip on 2nd January, to St Johann in Tirol, flying from East Midlands (flights from Birmingham, Gatwick or Bristol were available within about £10 of the same price, and probably others too). Flights, transfers, half board accommodation in a single room and ski carriage came to £460 with Crystal. The whole area lift pass (Kiztbuheler Alpen allstar) then works out at £166 at current exchange rates, so that is £620. I have my own skis and boots, but for hiring you are talking probably in the region of £60 more (£100ish for the hire, but £40 less for no ski carriage).
snow report
DRHOSKING wrote:
Thank you for all the replies! Seems like the big bash events are good value and also looks like Crystal have lots of options for someone like me, cheers!
I had discounted the big tour operators as from past experience i couldn't find anything suitable in my budget, but looks like Crystal is now a good option.

Yes, Crystal definitely a good option for solo travellers going to Austria.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy