Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italian SIM or Orange PAYG in Sestriere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any suggestions.
I was going to put my PAY-AS-YOU GO SIM into my work phone(don't want to be geting work calls while I'm on the slope) so that I can keep in touch with the others in the group (36 of us) but

Orange PAYG - To call another mobile will be £1.20 per minute Shocked
Recieve a call 60p per minute
Send a Text 40p

I was thinking it may be cheaper to get an Italian PAYG sim. Has anyone got any experience or recomendations.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pete1909, get radios.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I tried but found them to be a pain in the backside(may have just been the ones I bought). Besides which I need to be able to contact the wife back in resort while she looking after my 2 year old son to arrange meeting for lunch etc.. (Is 2 too young to get him on skis, I think it is?)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pete1909, how much would it cost you to use your work phone? I mean, leave it switched off most of the time, and use it to send/receive texts?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure I'll have to check. Need the mobile to send pictures to friends back home (It's always good to wind them up Twisted Evil )
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pete1909, ah, if you are using it to send MM messages, then you'll want to check your prices again! (last time I checked, it was about 75p on contract, or £1.50 on PAYG)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fox Hat then, I'll show them photo's when I get back.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Any suggestions for good and long distance radios??
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bought one of these last year;

http://www.0044.co.uk/global-sim-card.htm#MakeCall

Works a treat and oddly the actual cost of calling the UK from France was much cheaper then advertised! You get charged in dollars and it was about 20c a minute.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What about buying a SIM locally?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
On O2 network, I can text another UK mobile without it costing me anything, they just deduct 4 texts from my monthly allowance. I still managed to go over the 500 this month though Embarassed . I'd forgotten I had half the text allowance on the iphone contract as I did on my previous one, despite it costing me the same.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Last time I bought an Itailan sim in 2006 it took them three days to turn it on, and I had to provide loads of info including an italian address, can't remember if they needed a codice fiscale (NI number) as well.
Pain in the ass!!

Cheers,
Al
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy