Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stella Ronda Restaurants

Poster: A snowHead
Off to Arabba with a group of friends 9/01/16. Unfortunately too early for the bash. May be too early for any snow! At the time of this post it looks like piste crusing will be the order of the day and therefore lunch stops take on a priority. I would appreciate any recommendations for restaurants that are perhaps away from the main circuit or any that should not be missed. Has anyone ventured into the Val di Fassa? Many thanks, Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This was the best place I ate in the Sella Ronda on one visit there, it was brilliant

Mikys Grill

http://www.hotelmesdi.com/arabba-dolomites/grillrestaurant.html

Also check this out:

http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/web/Restaurants/Restaurants-Arabba-32020-Belluno-Italy?strLocid=31NDFkdDUxMGNORFl1TkRneE5nPT1jTVRFdU9UVTFOQT09

You'll have a great time I am sure.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@peter w, you might like to look here:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=104940
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
In my experience we have never had a bad meal in the Sella Ronda. One of our favourites is the pizza restaurant upstairs at the Bec de Roces (top of Bec de Roces chair out of Arabba) - get their early (it opens at 11.45pm) for a table on the enclosed terrace which as great views. Massive pizzas cooked to order in their wood oven.

Las Vegas above San Cassiano is fun and has a good menu and an even better wine list (by the glass too). It's slightly pricier than other restaurants nearby.

We love Rifugio Malga Saraghes which is on a lovely blue on the way to San Cassiano and the Hidden Valley. Lovely home-made food and cakes and the best Lamumbas (hot chocolate with rum and cream).

If you venture over to Badia (formerly Pedraces), at the top of the first chair, the restaurant on the right (Rifugio Lee) does great grills. The portions are huge.

Also good for grills is Refugio Scotoni on the way down the Hidden Valley from the cable car at Lagazoui, but it is always heaving, so you need to book in advance.

Last year we skied the Cinque Torri area (opposite the Lagazoui cable car) and had a lovely, but slightly more expensive, lunch at top of the area. I can't remember its name, but it had a Maserati in a glass box and the whole restaurant was Maserati themed. Good local specialities and spectacular views.

Finally, if you want a quick, cheap, but very tasty lunch, try Mister X next to Micky's Grill at the foot of the Burz chair in Arabba. The schnitzel and their burgers are great, but it is very small inside (you can also eat outside, but it is rarely in the sun) so you need to go either early or late. The ski instructors eat there at 1pm, so it must be good. We also eat at Micky's at least once each week.

These are just our favourites, but as I said before, you will get a good meal for a very fair price almost anywhere. Please let us know any places you 'discover' so we can try them out in February.

Enjoy! Little Angel
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Minion1980, I wonder whether Micky's Grill will also now suffer that people won't necessarily be coming to the bottom of the lift in Arabba and having to walk across the road? On the other hand it might make it easier to get a place for lunch. The only time I lunched there (and it was good) was in snowmaggedon when we couldn't get out of Arabba - otherwise in normal times I find myself too far away from Arabba for it to be a lunch stop. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SteveM wrote:
@Minion1980, I wonder whether Micky's Grill will also now suffer that people won't necessarily be coming to the bottom of the lift in Arabba and having to walk across the road? On the other hand it might make it easier to get a place for lunch. The only time I lunched there (and it was good) was in snowmaggedon when we couldn't get out of Arabba - otherwise in normal times I find myself too far away from Arabba for it to be a lunch stop. Very Happy

Very true, I only ate there when I actually stayed in Arabba and for dinner not lunch, to be honest I think it is a better lavish dinner venue than a lunch stop. I think the OP is staying in Arabba from his post so could be a good one for one night.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Basically, stop anywhere and the food will be great! Very Happy

The tops is http://www.rifugiocomici.com/ with the 1m Euro loos! You'll need to slide in here in the morning to book a table for lunch, it's that popular, but justifiably IMV.

My personal favourite is http://www.curona.it/en/Default.asp. Views that will blow you away, great food, super friendly and on one of the best runs in the Dollies. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@peter w, If you take a a little bit larger round try this:

http://www.scotoni.it/

In the hidden valley down from Lagazuoi. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FionaG wrote:
Last year we skied the Cinque Torri area (opposite the Lagazoui cable car) and had a lovely, but slightly more expensive, lunch at top of the area. I can't remember its name, but it had a Maserati in a glass box and the whole restaurant was Maserati themed. Good local specialities and spectacular views.
Rifugio Averau. Does Scotoni accept bookings? I thought it was just turn up and wait.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They really should rename it the Stella Ronda shouldn't they

It just sounds so much better and allows all sorts of lucrative InBev tie ups
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Or Bombardino Ronda.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Minion1980 wrote:
Or Bombardino Ronda.

Ronda Calamero. wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Utia Trausines just along the ridge from Moritzino and the Piz La Ila gondola from La Villa will cut a lump off a cow and grill it for you.

Jimmy's Hutte near the top of the Gardena pass does great ribs.

Baita Daniel halfway down the Seceda slopes has an amazing view from it's sunny terrace.

Baita Fredarola just as you drop towards Arabba from the top of Belvedere does proper wood-fired pizzas.

Don't forget Daniela's homemade cakes at Villa Frainela just across from the Dantercepies base station.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thinking about this, I've got favourite restaurants in many ski areas, but I've never seen the Sella Ronda in the same light. This is mainly due to the fact that I've never been disappointed with any restaurant in the area.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thinking about this, I've got favourite restaurants in many ski areas, but I've never seen the Sella Ronda in the same light. This is mainly due to the fact that I've never been disappointed with any restaurant in the area.
latest report
@geepee, I'll echo that statement Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Alta Badi has a kind of food festival throughout the season where top local chefs come up with things for participating eateries.
http://www.altabadia.org/en/italian-alps-dolomites/food-and-drink/gourmet-skisafari.html
snow conditions
Thank you all for all the recommendations. We are only there for a week so we might have to have two lunch stops every day! Very Happy
latest report
I concur with the general feeling that you will be v unlucky to find a disappointing place to eat in Alta Badia. One place I think I would avoid would be an eatery at the bottom of the vizza lift leading to Monte Cherz, where you will get v basic frankfurter and chips. One of my favourite place is Mesoles on the Sella Ronda, up from Corvara, Colfosco, down from Jimmy's just off the Frara piste..
ski holidays
or what about piz boe alpine lounge

http://www.boealpinelounge.it/en/mountain-hut-dolomites.htm
latest report
+1 for Jimmy’s hut. Busy place but always managed to get a seat outside

+1 for Mesoles. Not as many outside seats as Jimmy’s hut but again always managed to find a seat. Seemed as if a lot of skiers didn’t even realise it’s there.

Not directly on the Ronda but my favourites in Alta Badia are:

for just chilling in a quiet spot in the sun:- La Para
For food & service:- L Tabla
For the views: Bioch
For early afternoon apres; La Baita
snow conditions
The Lupo Bianco needs a mention.

The restaurant in the Hotel Malita Arraba was excellent a few years ago.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy