Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anwarter Course in Zillertal

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey

Im spending the whole season the the Zillertal, will be living near Fugen. Im looking for Anwarter Course in Jan. Do you know anything being held in the valley, Zell am Ziller, Mayrhofen, Hintertux?

Cheers
Ed
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ed48, go to the Tirol Ski Instructor Association site and see when they are holding their next course. Before you commit though get a local ski school to assess your skiing to see if you are up to the required standard.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ed48, this is the list of courses in Tirol: http://www.snowsporttirol.at/ausbildung/termine

Not many anwärter courses left (they're normally run before or after the main season)... Closest to you would be Alpbach, Kitzbühel and Axamer Lizum.

There's one other option with the Salzburg Skilehrerverband in Maria Alm that might work with your dates: http://www.sbssv.at/de/ausbildung/anwaerter/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@clarky999, as a foreigner you have to be sponsored by a ski school (I think it is restricted to Salzburgerland but I'm not sure) so you cannot just rock up and apply. This is because the courses are heavily subsidised by the provincial government. In the Tirol you do not have this restriction.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys, Ive been meditating on this list while ago and been surprised no cources in my valley. Looks like Alpbach is closest to me, will be looking what we have there.
Cheers Ed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not many courses tbh, its looks like they do most of them in December.
What they mean by 'Teil I'? Is there two parts?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ed48, there isn't a part II for the Anwaerter but for a 'Schisportsleher' you need a second discipline so it may be referring to this (although the Landes courses are listed with Anwaerter on the second discipline... so i'm a bit confused!)...

Anwaerter is just one course.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The 'Teil I' just means that it is the first step towards Landes I think (judging by what my certificates say).

But further away from you but worth looking at available dates are the courses run by Snowsports Academy (Wiener Verband) in Kaprun.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That makes sence, thanks guys!

I wonder if anyone could give an advice, where is best place to learn for absolute beginner (my girlfriend). The closest place (and also cheapest) will be Fugen-Spieljoch. Then HochFugen, then Mayrhofen, Zillertal arena and Hintertux. I guess the question which resort is more beginner friendly, also since its beginning of January, the snow conditions is something to take into account.

thanks
Ed
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alpbach for beginners
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ed48, If enough snow comes for Spieljoch to open, the beginner area at the top of the gondola is good and it will be quiet.
If you come during the quiet January weeks, Kaltenbach has perfect beginner terrain, but it can be busy.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Sara, I hope it will start snowing very soon Smile
Ed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy