Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming - Obertauern transport question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all!

Silly question I'm sure, but does anyone happen to know if there's a not-too-inconvenient way of getting from Shladming to Obertauern (with skis) on public transport? If not, how much are taxis likely to be?

Thanks! Liam
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lrx28, it should be fairly simple - just catch a train from Schladming to Radstadt and then take the shuttle bus to Obertauern (takes about 20 minutes).

Train/bus times here: www.oebb.at
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Marshboy! That looks reasonably easy. Is it common practice to carry skis etc. on local trains? The Londoner in me imagines that will involve lots of tut tutting and squashing of toes.

Liam
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lrx28,

Sometimes the only way to get to Obertauern is with the train as the road is sometimes closed after heavy snow. Most Austrians ski, I've often taken skis in the tube/train in rush hour - only push-bikes cause a problem and are banned on tubes between certain times.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Irx28 - should be no problem, I did it a few years ago on a two week charter holiday. Cheap, on time and "slightly" quicker than being taken back to Salzburg airport by the tour operator to await the incoming flight and a late afternoon transfer back to Obertauen. No problem with skis either. Bus was waiting in Radstadt, just outside the station. We were skiing by 11 am in Obertauen - a great resort, by the way, with the longest steepest black I have ever encountered (can't remember the name, but it lives up to its grading).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy