Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone up (or down!) in/near Nottingham?

Poster: A snowHead
After meeting Fruity, I've developed a taste for this meet-up lark! Wear the Fox Hat will be around Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings so is anyone else willing to make up a crowd? (I know 2's company but we might fight, or bore the pants off each other, - hmm probably should have put that another way....)

Anyway, anyone brave or foolish enough? rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depending on the time/date I'd be up for a visit. I worked in Nottingham for 7 years and actually miss it now Shocked

Usually the only thing I'm there for now is Ikea (great hot dogs NehNeh )
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So what happened during the meet up...........sounds intriuging?? Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Elizabeth B, I refuse to go near Ikea.
Dan, I've no idea, and I'm a bit worried Shocked
maggi, just name the time and place (and remember, I'll be coming from the Derby direction)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat, that's okay, I wasn't suggesting meeting there.

I used to frequent the Clifton/West Bridgeford areas, although sometimes ventured north into Arnold/Gedling.....I know most of the pubs - they were my loo stops Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I won't be down until the end of the month. And will be off to Bradford (wedding) for a fair bit of that. Keep me posted though...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
masopa, You're being very vague, are you having second thoughts? Are you available on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday evening? And if so, what dates?

Elizabeth B, I refuse to go near Ikea too. Can you do weekday evenings?

Dan, Are you a possible, or just nosey?

Wear The Fox Hat, See how difficult it is to organise a "crowd"?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry maggi - not having second thoughts, just not sure what my plans are when we come down. Will be down on Wednesday evening, but won't be able to make an evening - no car and will be coming in from Grantham. Plus haven't seen my parents for a few months! Are Sundays out? Sorry for being crap!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
maggi, I can do weekday evenings.....but it will depend on the date.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
maggi, nosey Embarassed .......my visits to Nottingham (company I work for is based there and originally come from Melton) are a bit random so can't say i'd be there.................any back to what happened????
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Right. I give up. I live in Nottm all the time, and so can (usually) do any evening or weekend daytime. (I mean, I don't do anything on a particular day, not that I never do anything!). So, if you lot want to come, it would be logical if you came up with a date when you can make it. Sorry to sound stroppy but have you seen how long the Southerns thread is. 3 months! Can't plan that far ahead - life's too short and you never know what's going to happen!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm free tomorrow night - unless I don't get round to doing the shopping tonight Wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
OK. I'll make the call...
NEXT TUESDAY NIGHT at 7.30.

You're either there or you're not.

ONLY POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO BE THERE.

maggi, it's up to you to decide where. I've never been to Nottingham before! Somewhere that serves food would be good, as I'll be coming staright from work.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can't do it. I'm off to Castleford with work next Tue (boarding)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OK, how about plan B. Do your shopping TONIGHT, and I'll re-arrange my life to be there tomorrow night.
latest report
Could always do that. Maggi?
ski holidays
You'd think we'd all be going to Nottingham now forces loyal to the peoples free state of Nottingham have liberated East Midlands Airport from forces allied to common sense rolling eyes
snow report
ise, thinking of joining us then Wink I'll give you a lift from the airport snowHead
snow conditions
Oh yes, mind it could hard to get tickets now. Us poor saps in Europe had no idea how to get to Nottingham before, the demand must just have skyrocketed.
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, Elizabeth B, Oh, bl**dy hell. I can't do tomorrow. Embarassed I have tickets to the cinema with other half and he'll not go on his own. What about next Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday? I'll keep all days free till i hear.
snow report
Tee hee. Now we know how they feel on the South coast!

I can't do Mon or Tue next week. Not sure about Wed?
snow conditions
Elizabeth B, When will you know about Wednesday?
snow report
I'll try and let you know tomorrow.
snow conditions
Deb & I live in Lambley, just east of Nottm.

We'd be keen to meet up & can do Wed 28th. I'll buy the first round.

I know that we haven't met before but Peter B & Beanie can confirm that we're not mad axe murderers. Mind you, I'm a scouser by birth so you'd better make sure you're car's securely locked. Little Angel

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jon
snow conditions
Oh no. We can't have two scousers meeting in the same pub.....unless you promise to leave my car alone, and I'll promise not to touch yours.

Oh, yes, next Wednesday should be fine!

Any suggestions for meeting place? I'm coming in from the north, but know the city pretty well, so anywhere should do.
latest report
You'll not be hanging around the car park anyway, according to my friend all the locals carry guns in Nottingham now Very Happy
snow report
OK, it needs to be somewhere I can find easily, and park nearby. I'll be driving from Burton-in-Hell, which is just down the A38 from Derby.

So, spyderjon & Deb aren't mad axe murderers, Peter B & Beanie didn't kill them when they met, so that leaves Elizabeth B, maggi, and me. And I don't think it's either of the two ladies... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, you might just be mistaken Twisted Evil

If you're coming from Burton, me from the north and spyderjon from Lambley (do I remember that maggi is Arnold way?).....it looks like the city centre (or Trowell services Wink ) or someone travelling out of their way.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry to hijack your thread, I have met WTFH & can confirm that he's not a TOTAL psycho
(Just don't let him show you his toe nails)

Fox - that's a tenner you owe me
ski holidays
Right then, we're ON! Next Wednesday, 28th. Peter B can vouch for spyderjon, Ski Bunny for WTFH. Fruity is still alive and can vouch for me. Elizabeth is a Moderator, so she must be sane? Anyone else want to come? Must have references Laughing

Fox will be coming down (up? sideways?) on the A52 (presumably), Elizabeth, down the M1. I am rubbish with directions/where things are in relation to anywhere else but I'll ask around re likely pubs. Spyderjon, have you any ideas? Or Elizabeth? You said you knew Nottm quite well. City would be great for me as I could catch a bus and drink all night but free parking is impossible and the car parks are expensive. I think out of town with a car park would be better for everyone else.

But we've got a date, and a (small) crowd, so we're doing great so far snowHead
latest report
maggi, my problem is that all the places I know are on the "wrong" side of town for me (and WTFH). I've always wanted to go to the crusader.....surely the most famous traffic news pub around. The Nottingham Knight (or whatever it's called now?) and the one down the road from there (Big Apple???) are both nice, but again, the wrong side of the city.

There's a brewsters just off Jn 26 in Nuthall....can't remember what it's called...but always looks okay.
snow conditions
I'll be coming A50 then M1. Will need a car park and some food - I'll be straight from work.
Just give me a pub name, and a street (or a post code), and I'll find it.
ski holidays
Elizabeth B, Wear The Fox Hat, If you both come off the M1 at J26 (A610) the Brewsters is not far. Just looked it up in the phone book. It's called the Old Moor Lodge and its on Mornington Crescent, see www.streetmap.co.uk for directions. Can't vouch for the food, music, decor etc as I've never been, but location is great, thanks Elizabeth.

What time are you thinking of arriving?
ski holidays
Here it is - except the pub is on the corner of Mornington Crescent (if I remember correctly) not where the arrow points!
snow report
7.30-8.00?
Can't stay too late as it is a school night.
So, it's A610, at the roundabout take the 5th exit on the A6002 Woodhouse Way, then Mornington Cres is on the left.
ski holidays
Elizabeth B wrote:

the pub is on the corner of Mornington Crescent (if I remember correctly)

I'm sorry - I haven't a clue Cool
ski holidays
You can't go straight to Mornington Crescent from there! (Schwartz-Metterclum variation 45b) Fools!
latest report
Look, boys, the deal is this thread is ONLY for those turning up, and everyone knows Schwartz-Metterclum variations are banned since the Oddie/Brook-Taylor incident during the December 1998 marathon game.
ski holidays
Chris Bish, I never go straight anywhere. I always get lost.

Alan Craggs, Great programme, and my stock answer when anyone asks me for directions to anywhere.
snow conditions
So are we saying 7.30pm then?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy