Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Beat Chalets in La Plagne and La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of booking for early January and I'm looking at Ski Beats chalet Bartavelle in La Plagne or Emeralde in La Tania, has anyone been to either and able to give feed back on chalet quality and position?

Thanks in advance for your help Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stayed in Emeralde a couple of years ago. Nice chalet,good location. But then not many bad chalet locations in La Tania. When are you thinking of going?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Tania - The drag lift is currently out of commission due to lack of snow
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@johnmac1956, I'm looking for me and a mate for 9th of Jan,these are some of the options, we've been with Ski Beat 3 times now and had a good time. Is suspect that Emeralde isn't far from the lift in the apartment block down to the village centre.

@bertie bassett, yes, I suspected as much, that in recent years seems to have been more of a route to the main bubble than used as a lift line.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@johnmac1956, @bertie bassett, should have thanked you for your help! Tah
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@stevew, Emeralde is a short walk from the top of the apartment block. Not a bad location.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed in Bartavelle on an amazing end of season deal back in 2012, so things may have changed a bit in the last 3 years.

This was at a time when carrying my skis and walking in ski boots was definite deal breaker for me, and I can't remember an issue with either. Think it was very close to the ski bus and the nearest lift, and remember that as confidence grew we skied back a couple of times to very near the chalet.

Our room was simple but functional with a full size bath (another pre-requisite at the time!) and heated towel rail which was great for drying things out.

The lounge area was a bit tired, but guess it may have been refurbed since then. I think it was a bit cramped if everyone was there, but nothing too disastrous. The chalet also had a sauna, but we didn't use it.

Food was great, and plenty of wine, too.

Would definitely stay there again if going to La Plagne, and also recommend Ski Beat.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SnowRetreat, @sj1608, thanks for your help but I've just booked for a Ski Total Chalet Hotel in Lech, snow looks OK there and was also minded to try somewhere different than our normal haunts. We've been with Ski Beat three times in the past and found them quite reliable and now stingy on the wine front Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@stevew, things obviously change! When our hosts went home at night they left copious quantities of wine for us to consume into the night......... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sj1608, sorry typo meant not stingy with wine
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy