Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Moutiers Altibus - Eurostar connection

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking into Altibus timetables from Moutiers, the latest bus on Saturday is 18:30.

Train arrives 18:11. Surely this is too tight and any delay means I will miss the bus?

Altibus web site says there is a special eurostar shuttle, but time table is from last season.
Does anyone know if I can book it, or should I just buy a ticket on arrival?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've never risked the bus, so can't say either way whether it's achievable. Assuming you have skis/boards, it will take you a good 15 minutes to get off the train and to the bus stop (which I believe is at one end of the station, but don't take my word for it), so it will be incredibly tight even if the E* is spot on time.

I wasn't aware of the specific E* shuttle, although it sounds sensible. We always end up getting a taxi minibus which isn't too pricey with a few of you.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@FIRSTOFTHEGIANTS, do you book or just catch one on the spot?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've always booked, but I assume there are some waiting for pick-ups.

We used to holiday with a French speaker, so we'd just get him to phone a local taxi firm. More recently we've used transfer companies like http://www.3vt.co.uk. My missus tends to prefer these as you get (generally) more cautious English drivers rather than the overtakey French ones, and you can have a nice chat about conditions etc. on the way up.

You can share a minibus with others going to the same resort if you're a couple. I am afraid I can't remember prices so good idea to get some online quotes. Suspect you can email local taxi firms these days too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The bus station is adjacent to Moutiers station and the same building.

The transfer is easily done if the train is on schedule. My sister and her husband are visiting me arriving on the Eurostar and have already booked the 18.30 Altibus. It is advisable to book, you don't want to be wasting time buying tickets at the station, also altibus schedule the number of busses based on advance tickets. If the bus is full and you didn't buy in advance you won't get on.

Altibus do not normally wait for late trains. There are always taxis available outside the station for approx 80 euros to Les Menuires for example. In my sisters case I would have to get out of my armchair and collect her in the car if she misses the bus.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy