Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best skiing in north america

Poster: A snowHead
I hear the pacific northwest has some amazing snowfall recently and much more in the forecast.
But is that really the best place to go next week?
If you could go anywhere where would it be?
What sites should i check ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Utah must be good, friends there posting 50 cm in the Valley. You can access Snowbird, Alta, Brighton, Solitude, Park City, Deer Valley all within 45 minutes of the airport.

It's all going to be good, so you can increase your requirements.

Whistler is meant to have a couple of meters already
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@nnsskk, for off piste, right?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@nnsskk,

Have a look at the outlook on snow-forecast.com

http://www.snow-forecast.com/overviews/tips_full

Plenty of options (me, personally I'm off to Jackson Hole). You might want to avoid somewhere that is forecast to get loads of snow as it will almost certainly have a negative impact on the lift availability
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dsoutar wrote:
@nnsskk,

Have a look at the outlook on snow-forecast.com

http://www.snow-forecast.com/overviews/tips_full

Plenty of options (me, personally I'm off to Jackson Hole). You might want to avoid somewhere that is forecast to get loads of snow as it will almost certainly have a negative impact on the lift availability

Being the Christmas Holidays will likely have an equal or greater impact on the lift (and hotel) availability! snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:
@nnsskk, for off piste, right?

Yea off piste preferably.

Colorado, Revelstoke, Utah, Wyoming, PNW are all options for me.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PNW is really, really good ATM. Forecast for up to a meter of snow starting from tonight into the weekend. 7-10 day forecast calling for snow off and on all the way into Christmas. Same goes for Colorado and Steamboat could get hit a few times. As posted earlier, Wyoming looks forecast for some snow. And of course Whistler and interior BC will also get hit. Utah got a decent dump last night. Some ski resorts reported 16" of snow.

If you are looking for Off piste, then Mt Baker, Crystal Mtn, Stevens Pass, along with sleeper Mission Ridge will all be beyond good, ie, excellent. I saw that the Mt Hood ski resorts of Timberline and Meadows got close to a meter of snow over 24 hr period.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong right now for the West Coast and PNW ski resorts. The forecasts are all looking really good.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Storms are making landfall these past few days on the West Coast. And will continue into Christmas day at least. PNW is getting hit nice and proper. Storms from Whistler all the way down into Tahoe. Those storms will make there way inland to interior BC, Wyoming, Idaho, Colorado, Utah. I believe even Taos in New Mexico will get hit too.

Spent the day storm skiing at Sun Valley today. Snowing lightly all day, and low crowds made for a nice relaxing day. For those bummed about the Euro snow conditions, would highly recommend a trip to North America right now.

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here in Colorado (Snowmass), it's PP with call it 38" overall avg. No bad spots, just good overall base and nice skiing since we arrived last week. Easy surface, push around stuff in the glades. The Rockies are equal throughout. Friends nearby within 100 to 400 miles are experiencing the same. Out west in California, Oregon and Washington, they're up to 70" plus, so, thank heavens, they're doing alright and I hope they get more. Canada - BC and Alberta are O.K. for this time of year with nice conditions throughout.
Forecast for where we are and other regions of the Rockies calls for on and off snow over the next two plus weeks with temps in the low 30's daytime. So, it's just fine.
If anyone comes out to this region of the globe they will not be disappointed over the next three weeks. Obviously hoping that the winter continues and we experience several v. heavy storms. Even though I'm not in the west coast, my affections toward California and Orgeon (fully overlooked Oregon is) are beyond pleased they're getting much needed snow and rain. More than here in Colorado, I hope really hope they get blasted.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 22-12-15 15:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flying to Tahoe on January 1; webcams, snow reports, forecast for Heavenly, Sierra and Kirkwood looking good! Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
arcsinice,
Welcome to Snowheads and thanks for the update.

Could you explain what is meant by "in Colorado it's PP with call it 38" overall"? Even if a typo has sneaked in I'm still struggling. Puzzled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:
For those bummed about the Euro snow conditions, would highly recommend a trip to North America right now. 
Thanks for that - really cheered us all up.... Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
For those bummed about the Euro snow conditions, would highly recommend a trip to North America right now. 

It would also mean having to mix with Americans.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Bergmeister,

PP = Packed Powder

38" = 96.5 cm base depth wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
emwmarine wrote:
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

It would also mean having to mix with Americans.

It does kinda suck having to share pow with Americans. More for me!!!! NehNeh

[/img]
snow conditions
emwmarine wrote:
.. It would also mean having to mix with Americans.

Well, yes, the thread title sort of implies that, but I'm sure you're not actually racist. If you are, then you'd probably find a cure if you actually met some of the locals. They're not like Donald Trump, in general
snow conditions
Report from Mammoth over the weekend was 30"-54" packed base with fresh on top. Season total so far is 80".
latest report
Moderate snow again falling in the Sawtooth range in Idaho. The Oregon ski areas also got hit again. Forecast for another 7"-11" to fall over the next 24 hrs in the PNW. WA, OR, and ID all going to benefit. My legs are worked from all the vert. and powder. Took a break this morning and soaked in the hot tub. Heading out at noon for half day, as the snow falling and accumulating outside the hotel is just too tempting! Toofy Grin
snow report
Tahoe is good, as is Mammoth - and storms are forecast all this week.
I'm off to Jackson Hole for work at the end of the week...colder than I'm used to but will be good. Very Happy
Can't go wrong with the West Coast at the moment, everywhere has more coverage than average for the time of year, including the SoCal resorts which generally don't have much until late January.

Please, if you don't want to mix with Americans, stay away - we can do without you. rolling eyes
ski holidays
@Toadman, Nice pics of Sun Valley !
latest report
@toadman

I have to stop reading this thread...it's just too depressing.
snow conditions
HeidiAmsterdam wrote:
@toadman

I have to stop reading this thread...it's just too depressing.

Sorry, but snowed all day, and when we came out of the Pioneer Saloon after dinner it was absolutely dumping!

I ended up skiing just half day. Went up at 12:30PM after a relaxing morning and a hearty breakfast at The Kneadery. It was just too enticing with the steady snowfall to not go up. No crowds, and wide open bowls with fresh tracks and almost free refills to boot.

No lift lines at 12:30PM

Tools for the day.

Storm skiing. I guess I'll just have to shred this by myself...

Maybe 20 people total riding the lift with me.

Supposed to snow all night too. snowHead
latest report
I can vouch for the PNW right now. it's crazy deep everywhere.

We also spent two days at Beaver Creek last week meeting some friends from Sydney and ripping with their 14yo daughter. It was fun, timed perfectly for a storm. Conditions are pretty good in CO too, methinks.

Pics and report at:

https://gortonator.wordpress.com/2015/12/22/the-pow-continues-at-beaver-creek/
latest report
Can someone please call El Nino and let it know that the snow is supposed to be terrible this year...
latest report
Arggggggggghhhhhhh snowHead

Shame I'm not going to bachelor this year.
latest report
First day In Jackson Hole yesterday and was storm skiing too. A few avalanche closures (the Hobacks) although we did see some people duck under the ropes obviously undeterred by threat of pass removal. However it has dumped all night (about 15cm at Base) so I'm expecting a few more closures today
ski holidays
First day In Jackson Hole yesterday and was storm skiing too. A few avalanche closures (the Hobacks) although we did see some people duck under the ropes obviously undeterred by threat of pass removal. However it has dumped all night (about 15cm at Base) so I'm expecting a few more closures today
latest report
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Three additional feet of fresh at Mammoth over the past 72 hours. Storms predicted to be clearing up over the next 24 hours. Should be pretty much perfect.
snow report
Quote:
Can someone please call El Nino and let it know that the snow is supposed to be terrible this year...
From what I've read (in a state of almost blind panic ahead of a Fernie catsking and BC road trip in early Feb... Shocked ), El N has previously impacted positively on Colorado snow - but negatively on BC, with only 80% of normal precitation and warmer temps meaning more than usual rain.

So far so good though (touching wood, crossing everything and continuing the offerings to the snow gods... wink).
snow conditions
I guess I'm starting to sound like a broken record by now. It's day 4 in Sun Valley, and yes, 4th day of powder skiing. Today was not quite bluebird with a few high cirrus clouds in the area but nonetheless, there was quite a bit of snow that had fallen overnight. The resort said 7" but everyone I talked to thought the snow stake was broken, and it was closer to a foot. No matter, it was fresh pow and all the locals and Christmas vacationers came out in force.

Sun Valley Ski patrol was doing their work. And since they have the dangerous job of avy control, they of course get first tracks for keeping us safe.

They were setting off avy bombs while we went and skied other stuff, anticipating...

This was some of the other stuff that got shredded pretty quick but it was soft and creamy fun!

Then they opened the flood gates and it was shred city.

Everyone was getting after it.

It didn't take long for things to start getting tracked out.

So a bit of a hike for some freshies. Decisions, decisions, which line? My new found hiking partner looking at our options

I think I may have found my line. ( I know it looks familiar but it was a new day, and fresh lines.)

There were still some fresh lines to find even in the afternoon too.

At the end of the day the snow showers started to come in, and the upper bowls had been worked over. Now just need some more snow... which looks to be in the forecast yet again.

At the end of the day in folks over on Dollar Mtn. got some too!

snowHead snowHead
latest report
Great pictures, thanks for sharing.
snow report
Fantastic pics and some great early season snowfall, especially in UT atm - 58 inches and counting in the last 3 days or so.

El Nino is certainly delivering the good so far, just hope it carries on until we get there. We were planning a BC roadtrip until hearing of El N. putting in an appearance so decided to head back to UT.
ski holidays
@Bones,
Not too shabby in BC either! snowHead
snow report
Just a few pics. A few inches fell over night. Another sunny day. Winds picked up in early afternoon.

Nothing like a few inches on freshly groomed corduroy. More like velour...

The new snow and wind was like an etch a sketch. Creating a new canvas to work with.

Soft turns.

Still some deep could be found if you looked closely.

And if you worked for it, you could be rewarded with fresh tracks.

ski holidays
^ Awesome photo. Owning the whole mountain.
ski holidays
stuarth wrote:
@Bones,
Not too shabby in BC either! snowHead

Probably not, but choice had to be made Madeye-Smiley and they aren't getting quite as much as other places Toofy Grin

Last pic Toadman, nice Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
17 inches reported at Crystal Mtn. Washington last 24 hrs. Sounds like a few of the Colorado resorts got a foot, Steamboat and Breck. Looks like things will calm down by Christmas.
ski holidays
Quote:
..Probably not, but choice had to be made Madeye-Smiley and they aren't getting quite as much as other places Toofy Grin

Once you're getting over-the-head powder in the turns it makes little difference, I find.
Even so, it depends precisely where you go.

However it's good that everyone on the left hand side at least is getting the goods.

El Nino - that's juse not evidence based.
snow report
Our mountain (Mt Seymour) got another foot last night and it's getting pounded again at the moment. What to do tomorrow... Last minute Christmas shopping or... wink snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy