Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Am in Mayrhofen, had a lovely day today at Hintertux, skied all the way down from Gefrorene Wand to the car park on good snow. Light winds, nice and sunny, not too cold. Forecast to snow up top tomorrow and rain down in the village. No runs to the valley currently open except piste 1 at Hintertux. Plenty of skiing higher up, going to try Penken tomorrow hopefully in the fresh snow. No lift queues, only a few people here.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Toofy Grin Very Happy Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How's it looking? Looks like they have managed to get a fair bit open.
Not out til mid Jan so expecting (hoping!) some decent snowfall before then...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
On piste this week is pretty good, bit sugary low down in the afternoon and now getting bulletproof higher up after lunch. Temp at 1500 metres drooped from a high of 14 on Monday to about 7 today. Clouded over at lunchtime today
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the update! Sending cold and snowy thoughts to you...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowed overnight Saturday about 10cms. Looking prettier. Now if only Selva could get some snow before the 16th.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Question for anybody who has been out in Mayrhofen recently. Is the new penkenbahn up and running? Had a search online but haven't seen any fanfare or any reports that it's actually open.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jvan, yes, it's brilliant and the famous queues are a thing of the past
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Toby16 wrote:

Fantastic, heading there next month and was wondering had it been finished.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Toby16 wrote:

Sweet!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cool!

Seems to be some rain in the forecast at present. Hoping for some colder temps and snow next week as I think we're staying near the bottom of the black coming down from Ahorn which is not open at present presumably due to lack of snow. Would be nice to ski back one day! But sure we'll have a great time if not.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
found this
http://www.mayrhofner-bergbahnen.com/en/insights/new-3s-gondola-lift

Opening ceremony for the new
3S Penkenbahn on 19 December 2015
The opening ceremony for the new 3S Penkenbahn will be held on Saturday, 19 December 2015.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 11-01-16 13:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
but what's the snow conditions in Mayrhofen? TIA.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good conditions in Mayrhofen with almost everything open (some skiroutes closed for lack of snow/avi risk and the harakiri closed with big piles of artificial on it).

Onpiste is mostly very good, odd patches of scraped/icy snow at low altitudes or where wind has stripped the snow, but nothing to complain about.

Offpiste is a bit limited - not really enough of a base so there's about 30cm powder on top of grass/rocks and it's easy to go through to grass. Some places are wind loaded and lots of signs of avalanche activity - treat with caution.

Very cold today so snow is staying excellent.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Been doing a bit of this recently, snows falling and looking good.

KaPow Jan .16 from paul jamieson
https://vimeo.com/153673501
snow conditions
Anyone in Mayrhofen at the moment? Conditions good?

Headed there next week. Can't wait Very Happy
snow conditions
Back in the UK ATM, back in town next Wed.
ski holidays
@memphis04, Not the most up-to-date update, I'm afraid, but I was there Feb 3-7. Mayrhofen was fine, but not great - pistes are okay, but really patchy off to the sides. Fair play, they do a good job with the limited snow they've had. So on days 2-3 we got the bus to Hintertux (look for the Greenline, or if you're a group, share a minibus for €60) and that was fantastic - pistes in tip-top condition. Ski routes were variable - a lot more rocky than in previous years - but enough powder on the side to muck around in. There's a load of snow forecast, so you should have a great time. One thing, though: the base is really thin and dodgy, so with a load of snow on top, avalanche risk is likely to be high. Without wanting to sound like your mum, take care.
ski holidays
Mayrhofen people - sorry off topic from the weather ... hoping for some local knowledge experience.

Planning on going w/c 26th with kids and non skiing wife. Difficult to tell from piste maps but is it possible to get around at the top of Penkenjoch on foot between the various huts that look to be in the same sort of area and between the Kombibahn (one after PenkenBahn) and the Finkenberg Bahn? It looks like you can probably get between the Penken and Kombi bahns without skis at least? Thanks in advance.

Also any update on conditions and the new Penkenbahn? As you've probably guessed I've never been but read about how the old Penkenbahn used to be a serious bottleneck.
ski holidays
charlesw wrote:
@memphis04, Not the most up-to-date update, I'm afraid, but I was there Feb 3-7. Mayrhofen was fine, but not great - pistes are okay, but really patchy off to the sides. Fair play, they do a good job with the limited snow they've had. So on days 2-3 we got the bus to Hintertux (look for the Greenline, or if you're a group, share a minibus for €60) and that was fantastic - pistes in tip-top condition. Ski routes were variable - a lot more rocky than in previous years - but enough powder on the side to muck around in. There's a load of snow forecast, so you should have a great time. One thing, though: the base is really thin and dodgy, so with a load of snow on top, avalanche risk is likely to be high. Without wanting to sound like your mum, take care.

thanks charlesw for the update. we had a ball in mayrhofen last week. thursday was unreal with loads of sunshine. i had planned to head for hintertux on thursday but we decided to stay in Mayrhofen area as the sun was out.
snow conditions
12 sleeps to go!!!
latest report
http://www.mayrhofen.at/en/topnavi/webcam/

4 sleeps and its dumping snow.
snow conditions
12 sleeps

even snowed here too, but it's clear and cold now

can't decide on Mayrhofen, Kaltenbach or Zell am Ziller
snow conditions
Well I think all of them you can get to pretty quickly using the ski pass.

for me Mayrhofen looks the biggest
latest report
Any local updates? Out there on 26th March - also any ski school recommendations or ones to avoid? Tried before but no one biting!
latest report
I will be out there next week so if you want anything i can ask about. But i wont be using ski schools and I am a snowboarder so might be looking for different things.

tweet @mayrhofen_ski they are good for info and really helpful, but are CrystalSki employees so might be biased
ski holidays
will only be a 2 day trip, and 3 (well 4 if you include hintertux) areas, so one of them will have to be left out. will decide on the day I spose depending on the weather.
snow report
great idea
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowed pretty much right thru from Monday am to Tuesday pm. Resort is white again. Knee high powder on every run first thing.

Very Happy
snow conditions
Yahoooooooooo
snow report
Fantastic, thanks for the update @alanhay
ski holidays
@alanhay Are you out there now?

Looks like massive dump Saturday, the day I arrive so fresh pow pow on my first day.
latest report
Yes here this week and next. Pistes were top class today. Looked to be plenty left off piste as well. Resort is green again though.

Not sure what the forecast is. Normally a waste of time checking!
snow report
Catch up for a beer or ski next week then.
snow conditions
Yeah. Have been here myself this week but have done some lessons and skied with another guy in the group in the pm. Have some friends out next week but they're a couple so will be doing their own thing much of the time so definitely up for a ski and some apres.
snow conditions
It absolutely chucked it down for 3 hours of so yesterday evening . Wasn't lying in resort but has snowed again over night so town is white again this morning.

Looks like another powder day.

Very Happy
snow report
Yay, and there was me worried we would have no snow,lol
snow report
@alanhay, what ski school did you use & what did you think? Webcams look rather nice again this morning - enjoy the great conditions Very Happy
latest report
Might see you chaps out there (arrive on Sat as well). Will wave ! wink
latest report
my email is mayrhofen@tm-designs.co.uk if you want to get in contact, there will be a few of us out there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy