Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dog-friendly hotel close to A26 Reims/Chalons area.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Unusual request, as I'm usually sorted by now, but our usual options are closed for a break in early January. Requirements are a family-run dog-friendly hotel or B&B (we've acquired another German Shepherd), close to autoroute, but must have somewhere close by to walk the dogs in the morning and on arrival, so nothing in industrial parks or on autoroute service stations. A restaurant in the establishment preferred. We stayed in central Reims last year, but parking wasn't ideal and we got soaked finding something to eat at night.
Please don't suggest F1, Budget or other chain hotels as the rooms are usually far too small for two large dogs.
I've got a couple of options but one is too far north (St Quentin) and the other too far south (Troyes).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.residhome.com/uk/hotel-residence-aparthotel-reims-233.html. Not family run but we stayed there last year, the rooms were big, and saw guests with dogs so it may be worth a look. It was convenient for the motorway and a very short walk to a main boulevard with shops/restaurants. The mini kitchen was adequate, everything was spotless, and there was a vending machine for snacks/sandwiches, breakfast was available but we did not sample it. Not too sure about dog walking as it was not something I was thinking about.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@CaravanSkier, thanks, the dog walking thing is mainly why we don't want to go back to Reims again, although I will have another look at the location of this hotel.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Hells Bells, Yes, sorry I was not much help with the dog walking. I tried to picture the area in my mind, it did seem somewhat built up but I would probably not have noticed a park etc! Times like this google streetview and sat views can be helpful Smile I`m sure you are already on to that Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hells Bells, I have vague memories of a dream about your second German Shepherd last night. A group of us was trying to fit him into a vehicle - sitting upright on the back seat. I was trying to pull his head down a bit, as it was too high, and trying to look nonchalant though I was terrified of him. rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have been staying in Chalons on recent trips and have driven around the town several times, I don't remember seeing any non-chain hotels.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There can only be one; http://www.hotel-dangleterre.fr/uk/

Very very good (if not Michelin star) restaurant, we try and always plan our trips round staying here and I'm sure we've done it with our four legged friend.

Can't recommend it highly enough.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The website says it is 10 euro a night for an animal. Also closed till 7 January. I have bookmarked .
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@marcellus, I prefer the Auberge de Moissons to be honest, but as they are shut perhaps we'll give them another try.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rjs, there are several in the market place in Chalons and we might try one of them again if we can find a better place to eat this time without too long a walk.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Holiday inn express in Dijon is dog friendly, bit too far south for you but is there one nea reims?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Hells Bells, Mrs A used the Residhome on the way down last week with our 2 labs. Park across the road for dog walking and only Euro55 per room. Small charge for having dogs. All seemed to work really well and she is a bit fussy !
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was at Novotel Tinquex (Reims) last night and there were people with dogs there. One guy brought his dog to the bar - no issues.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Hells Bells, With the dogs, we've only used the Auberge de Moissons (love it!) and the knife & fork one south of Troyes. As you say, with two big dogs, room size & walking possibilities are important. Let me know what you find! We found a great place in Freiburg when en route to Italy though wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy