Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WHEN Will it (Next) Snow in the Alps??

Poster: A snowHead
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
snoozeboy wrote:
There are also many other biases amongst Snowheads - those who love/hate the-one-eyed-people-in-the-next-valley etc.

Oi !!! Keep me out of it Happy

Haha I read that and thought of you bob wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A company called York were doing rather well out of European snow making installations in at least 1988... Which is a wee bit more than 20 years ago.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name okay, thats 28 yrs, and we are talking about roots. the question was not when was the first time any of u spotted a cannon, but when it became widespread lol. people have seen planes in 1903 but i doubt they were taking flights commercialy smh.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@drvosjecha, cannons were well established in many stations in 1988...

Morzine is not known for leading the way in such things.

York Neige, one of the pioneer manufacturers was established in 1971 and started European installations in 1980. Now part of Techno-Alpin.

Your somewhat weak analogy to aircraft needs to be set history that the first snow cannon was active in 1952 ...

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 29-12-15 11:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@drvosjecha, is investment in snow management increasing in the majority of resorts, or is it decreasing?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In answering the original question "WHEN Will it (Next) Snow in the Alps??"

now would be the answer: in les carroz its snowing at top of gondola, the weather front that was going to fall apart, is doing so by dropping some white stuff Very Happy Very Happy ...its rain in the village
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Raining in Grenoble- quite possibly a bit of snow falling higher up...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Look at http://www.radareu.cz/
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snowing at Chamrousse according to metro-grenoble. The bulk of the precipitation should hit the area in the next hour or so it seems... very exciting!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A dump next monday looks on the cards - 'bout time. Fingers and skis crossed.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Weather.com now predicting 100% chance of snow in VT on Sat, 12-20cm...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
drvosjecha wrote:
@snoozeboy it would take 200 cm dump in val disere right now to make season average so far and situation may be even worse elsewhere. so i dont think that odds are in your favour.

Hmm... That worked well for him.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@emwmarine lol 200 cm?? u for real?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@emwmarine, lol, smh, top bants
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowing again now here in the Chiemgau. The A8 had an 80km/h limit most of the way from Munich as I drove home from work just now. Still relatively mild, between +2 and -3 at the moment. Lots of snow and much colder temperatures forecast for tomorrow and over the weekend. They keep talking about the "Schneetief Emma" (snow depression Emma) hitting us hard over Saturday and Sunday. Toofy Grin Smile
snow report
emwmarine wrote:
drvosjecha wrote:
@snoozeboy it would take 200 cm dump in val disere right now to make season average so far and situation may be even worse elsewhere. so i dont think that odds are in your favour.

Hmm... That worked well for him.

"If you like to gamble, I'll tell you I'm your man."

Anyway, there was some snow recently and a season doesn't have to reach seasonal average depths at this time of year to have very good skiing, especially on-piste. In Chatel yesterday, I had one of the best afternoon's skiing I've ever had in thigh deep, untracked powder, off-piste and on, in clearing weather, when I was first up a lift that opened halfway through the day in a very quiet sector. Fresh tracks all afternoon.
snow report
@Sharkymark smh
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy