Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GREAT January deals

Poster: A snowHead
Just thought we would let you know that we are doing a 4 nights for the price of 3 ski/board break in La Clusaz for £275pp (works out at £386 with lift pass and ski/board hire). From Jan 23-Jan27 (Mon - Fri). Also loads of other Jan and Feb deals on our website www.gravite.co.uk if your're interested.

Snow is still fab too!!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does this rate include Spam dinners?

Why didn't you head your thread 'Advertisement'? I clicked into it, thinking it would be a fellow user recommending deals they had no vested interest in.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry

I am a regular user though and offer loads of advice where I can - but I just had to tell everyone about the great deals we are offering at the moment - thought you'd all be interested that's all! Just want to open up opportunities for people who might not have known existed.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith, snowHead

Actually, for that money you can go to Colorado (just been told about a £299 two for the price of one offer!). Fact is tour ops are desperate this January and, if you're canny, there is a veritable smorgasbord of cheap cheap hols out there to chose from.

Nothing wrong with spam fritters by the way but I guess if we all promoted our businesses on here it would turn into a farce.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd like graviteski to send me £275 for the service of reading his/her ad (this is a special low-season rate) and for him/her to go and jump in the Lake of Annecy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It does help the forum to have someone who is actually based and living in the alps so can update you on whats going on and snow conditions though - don't you think?
I'm not in this for the money - I try to provide useful info too! The business just means a means to an end so I can live here full time! you can't begrudge me that surely? I would offer holidays for free if I could!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
graviteski, perhaps a fair point, but are 70 posts really indicative of someone who "contributes loads"? Many of them seem to include such phrases as "La Clusaz is great and we've got room."

Big Dave Next Door is off to Kimberley for 11 nights for only £299 (with Inghams, flights, transfers, and room) - and that's not for another four weeks, so perhaps some tour operators are forecasting another quiet month.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gravitas.
Have a hot dog
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not really a great deal. Is it????
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shouldn't we have some sort of rules for advertising on this forum? Otherwise I agree with JohnHill,
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mouth, the rules are pretty clear, on registration.

It's just a shame that some people choose to cynically ignore them.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
graviteski wrote:
Just thought we would let you know that we are doing a 4 nights for the price of 3 ski/board break in La Clusaz for £275pp (works out at £386 with lift pass and ski/board hire). From Jan 23-Jan27 (Mon - Fri). Also loads of other Jan and Feb deals on our website www.gravite.co.uk if your're interested.

Snow is still fab too!!!

Thats Crap.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Perhaps a moderator at the time should just go in and delete/alter them?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
it really doesn't bother me, at least its not like other people who just say when you are thinking of somewhere completely different...........oh come here its really good the lift pass is cheaper than others in the area, it's a lovely resort blargh blargh bull bull

At least with this one you know what the post is about from the title............
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Once again,we have someone abusing the the 'hands off' approach to moderation enjoyed(to a degree wink )by most of us on here.To our collective credit,such post are spotted immediately,and jumped on Evil or Very Mad If I spotted something of potential benefit to the collective,I would post it(as I have occasionally)
If it were my business,I would expect to have to pay for an ad,not attempt a bit of blatant freeloading rolling eyes
We have quite a number of members with varying financial interests in the ski industry.The vast majority(if not all)use the subtle 'signature link',unless asked a direct question for info(and even then they tend to post just the link)
This 'look if you wish' is,IMHO,the way to go?

Have we reached the point where a harder line should be taken?
latest report
snowskisnow, seems to be self-moderating. In the case of graviteski, this is the free market economy working at its best - it's a not so good offer and we've collectively told 'em. And, hey... no one died today.
latest report
Quote:
no one died today

Remarkable
latest report
This place is getting way too full of bloody liberal do-gooders who seem to believe that they have the God given right to make decisions for the general protection of snowHeads.

If there are (mostly) genuine contributors who happen also to run businesses that may from time to time run offers that may benefit other snowHeads, then that, IMO potentially benefits us. If some of you are so concerned, then ensure that the "offending" ads are perhaps placed in a dedicated forum where people can chose to visit. Those of you that get on their soap boxes can then steer clear.
ski holidays
Quote:
then ensure that the "offending" ads are perhaps placed in a dedicated forum

Yet another reason for reincarnating the Jef Wickes Abuse Zone
ski holidays
they could always put them in the chalets and apartments section
snow report
David Goldsmith,
Quote:

Remarkable
I mean no animals were hurt in the making of this thread.

Ads are good things. Without ads there would be no C4 skiing program, no Eurosport, no ski mags, no debate about ads on this forum etc etc. Just have a blatent advert section and see how popular it is.
latest report
I agree. Ads are great. The problem is that they're often lies. So the thing is to keep them physically distinct from the universally truthful postings of 'true snowHeads'.
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, they are, there's a section called snowShops I'm certain it's 100% truthful, honest guv!
snow report
What kind of snow is sold in these shops?
ski holidays
I don't have a problem with advertising - I just think it should be in an advertisement section.

As it happens, I think the deal above is rubbish. To compare, I'm off to LDA on Saturday - flights, transfers, 4 star en-suite, balcony, fully-catered, etc, etc, with bells and whistles for £211. Not telling you who with as don't wish to advertise NehNeh
(a quick search of t'internet is all that is needed)
snow report
Caspar, or an even quicker request to post it up - could do with a cheapo at the mo and that does sound a bit good.
snow conditions
Mark Hunter, If you can get yourself out to La Rosiere for w/c 22nd jan I can get you a deal that'll knock this one sideways, pm me for more info.
snow conditions
OH GOOD GRIEF! in a thread about spamming we get secondary spam!
I'll say nowt against his chalet but if he's incapable of seeing his sheer dumb hypocrisy in that post then let him reap his own rewards . . . extraordinary!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My business has done some great deals for January and I've just done a superb deal for someone in May!
Do I advertise here? No, because snowHeads is refreshingly free of Advertising.
snow conditions
"Snowbay" I'm copyrighting it! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Surely your signature block could be construed as advertising? wink
snow conditions
mistermouse wrote:
boredsurfin, Surely your signature block could be construed as advertising? wink

Nope, Its not for profit!
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Just stirring (but profit or not it's still promotion) Twisted Evil
snow report
Is this the right place for me to advertise my own Structural Engineering Consultancy - I could offer some great deals in January too. Trouble is, I won't get your work done as I'll either be on here or off skiing. But the price would be good.
snow report
Ray Zorro,
Quote:

Structural Engineering Consultancy - I could offer some great deals in January too.

That was Structural engineer and discount in the same sentence Shocked
No, sorry mis-read it. I knew it wasn't possible Madeye-Smiley
snow report
boredsurfin, if you want something "knocked off", you should speak to "Tea Leaf".
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, is that why you don't have a sig, did he steal yours too Puzzled
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Laughing
ski holidays
Ray, so when snowHeads buys it's own collapsing ruin you'll be able to tell us just how stupid we've been? wink
snow report
IncogSkiSno, I never worked out how to do a sig with a smiley, maybe you could show me sometime.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 10-01-06 22:06; edited 2 times in total
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy