Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meet up in Tignes 20-25th Dec?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, my husband and are going to be out in Tignes from 20-25th December. Both of us can get down most slopes. We normally ski with Ski Club GB leaders (can you say that on the snowheads forum??) but this year they're doing instructor-led skiing and it's full. Anyone else in the same situation and fancy meeting up?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check the snowBuddy for anyone who has declared themselves in town already and add your details so other snowHeads can give you a shout too.
This sort of thing is exactly what it's for Little Angel
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are in Tignes until the 20th, possibly longer depending on if it snows in Piemonte - staying at Alpaka
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sure, me and Matwall are in Val Claret then. Where are you staying?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great, we're staying in the Hotel Diva in Val Claret. I've not been to Tignes before so I'm not sure where the hotel is in relation to other things, but apparently it's 100m from the Grande Motte funicular (which I believe is closed until around the 30th due to a technical issue).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@snowgirlsmith, I've been to Tignes a few times, so I'd be happy to show you around. I know where the Diva is; very good location.

You can still get up Grande Motte via the Lanches chair. It's my preferred route anyway - I much prefer not having to take off my skis Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Maireadconnor, that would be great. What's the best way to arrange to meet up? Not done this before so not sure what the etiquette is!

Good to hear there's an alternative to the funicular. I much prefer chairs too - less faff!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@snowgirlsmith, I've sent you a PM
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I will also be around from the 15th December for the season and I will happy to meet up with some other snowheads for a ski or to show you around.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shall we say, provisionally, 22nd December, bottom of Tichot lift, 9h15?

I am recognisable by my yellow ski trousers, and Mat has Snowheads stickers on his helmet.

@Bainton, I'll PM you too. Messages are in top right of the screen.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sounds good
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Will be in Tignes from 20th Dec through to 2 Jan
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@snowgirlsmith, Are you travelling DIY or with a TO? Some TO's have arranged guiding with ESF.
I am surprised the SCGB leading is already full, most people sign up in resort.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When I spoke to SCGB the off-piste guided days over Christmas were full but not the other days on-piste. No surprise there as the former offer far better value than the latter. However with conditions as they are not sure how much off-piste guiding would be practical for that week?!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Millom, SCGB's web site is showing that in Tignes they have one place on a half-day of instructor-led skiing on 20th (standard 'all welcome except beginners') and one place on a off-piste day on the 21st. Sadly, one place isn't much good to us as there are two of us!

@steward woodward, this year SCGB are offering 'instructor led skiing' which can be booked on-line in advance - and it seems it's a pretty popular option over Christmas week! We're travelling with a travel operator, Crystal, unfortunately I believe they've withdrawn all ski hosting and replaced it with an app instead Confused
ski holidays
@snowgirlsmith, sorry yes I was referring to Val d'Isere and forgot they have SCGB in both (and yes there were some places in Tignes when I enquired). Anyway assuming you wanted the off-piste (which is good value) and not the on-piste leading (not worth much at all) then the snow conditions surely mean this isn't a great loss. I think SCGB is still planning meet-ups for people to ski together without guide/leader if you just want to join others?!
snow report
Still up for meeting tomorrow? Tichot 9h15?
snow report
Yes. Fingers crossed for the snow to continue!
ski holidays
@Maireadoconnor, I am available to meet up, but don't know about 9h15, I have to get over there from Le Lac, and that is cutting it close.
snow report
How about a bit later? 9h30? 9h45?
snow report
9h30 works for us
snow report
I can definitely make 9h30.
snow report
I had a couple of Phone calls which delayed me, ending up getting there at 9h 50 Crying or Very sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy