Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stomp Pad, Do you have one ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
New to boarding - first time due in 8 weeks after skiing a few years - and I'm using the husband's old board as he's progressed on to a new one now.

Already got these babies on and there's no way on earth I am trying to figure out how to get them off!!

http://www.snowandrock.com/pws/UniqueProductKey.ice?ProductID=DEM0008SS

After trying a day in a fridge with a hire board, and being completely new, I felt my back foot felt a bit unsecure when unstrapped, so we'll see how I get on. Now when I treat myself to my own board instead of his cast off, we'll see...!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
philwig wrote:
No.

It's nothing to do with your top sheet. Learn to ride, don't buy junk, it's not the same thing.

You an'arf talk some bs!

Topsheets can be made of many different materials including nylon, wood, fibreglass, plastic and composites. These have varying grip properties so my bamboo topsheet on my Endeavor Next grips my boot well so no need for a stomppad but my Jackpots nylon topsheet doesn't in the slightest, hence stud mat stomppad.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
<shrug>The OP asked for opinions.

If you put your boot where the binding is, you'll find better balance and a better grip than you'd get with your accessories. But I really don't care where you put your foot.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
if you are bootpacking the studs do come in handy to remove snow from the bottom of your boot.... and i dont care what people think! stomp-pads all the way!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not any more but I used to have and they do help.

Don't see the problem - who gives a f'ek what they look like and you can get some nice unobtrusive ones.

You also look pretty silly sat on top of 5 French Octogenarians that you've just skittled getting off a lift. (That happened to a mate. Not me, a mate!).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Ryan, Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds like you need a stomp pad to me! Toofy Grin rolling eyes Confused Cool Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for stomp pad.
Nothing is so cool as a board top packed with snow and a rider who's had a good day out.
If a stomp pad makes this more achievable, its worth having.
If you worry that having a stomp pad makes you look like a numpty on a plank, its called transference. Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy