Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stomp Pad, Do you have one ?

Poster: A snowHead
How many of you use a Stomp Pad ?

Does it make life easier getting off the lift and scooting around ?, Or is it a complete waste of money Smile

Would live to hear you opinions.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes, they make life easier (especially on a button lift, I found, because I was fairly rubbish). And they cost a few pence, for goodness' sake.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nope. Might as well write "punter" on your (visible between hat/helmet and goggles) forehead. wink

(They do make life somewhat easier when one-footing it around the place, but it's not exactly hard without one - just jam your boot against the back binding).

If you do get one, remember that the correct place to stick it is just in front of the back binding. Not in the centre of the board, rental shop style.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
no, as Steve said they will drain you of any credibility you have left.

if you really want one, make sure its crab grab, that you can argue is cool.....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Makes me think.

last trip i didn't have one and found myself on the floor few time. But then it was a while ago.

Not sure how cool i can clear plastic be:

[url]
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IX65X82?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00%5B%2Furl%5D%5B%2Furl&tag=amz07b-21]
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Not sure how cool i can clear plastic be

A stomp pad is cooler than falling off a drag lift Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1 for a stomp pad and who cares what anybody thinks.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had one on my old board, and then for purely aesthetic reasons didn't put one on my new one as it looked too purdy.

Found that it basically made very little difference as you just use the back binding to stabilise anyway.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Really depends on how slippery your top sheet is. My Bataleon is like glass.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jones mountain twin.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+1 for the "jam your boot against the back binding". If you don't do it on a drag already, then you will realise why drags have been such a massive ballache all these years.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Got a real vicious one on the WWW mainly as I use it in the domes so i'm more likely to be on a poma.
Used to have one on the Triumph as that was pretty slick, just dots though.
Nothing on the new Flagship, plus the surface is kinda matt so not really an issue.

That stomp isn't exactly a looker... Maybe something less... fugly?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ha.

I thought as it is mostly clear it will blend in Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stomp pads are a bit pants but they do help. I just bought some rasta stud mats for my Jackpot which is also like glass so really needs them.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
One good thing about being an old age pensioner beginner on a snowboard; a lot less to worry about. Laughing I had wondered about a rasta stud though (they patrol the beaches of Barbados......)
snow report
+1 for the depends how slippery your top sheet is. If it makes it easier get one.

Amazing how some peeps will do things the hard way just to look "cool"......you never look cool going ars*e over tit whilst getting off a lift

rolling eyes
snow report
No.

It's nothing to do with your top sheet. Learn to ride, don't buy junk, it's not the same thing.
snow conditions
So while your learning...?
snow report
How can some people be so fascist about something so simple? And really not world-shatteringly important?
ski holidays
Yes. I have a nice metal stud one. Looks pretty, and makes 1 footing easier. What's not to like?
latest report
I've been sticking extra bits of non-slip on my skiff dinghies for the last 15 years. In all that time only one person has said anything and that was 'ooh that looks good where can I buy some'.
latest report
pam w wrote:
How can some people be so fascist about something so simple? And really not world-shatteringly important?

They asked for "opinions" - there's nothing "fascist" about having one.
snow report
Well, some opinions are more fascist than others. However, implying that anybody with a stomp pad will rightly be the object of withering scorn from all the cool and right-thinking dudes is not, I admit, fascist. I was exaggerating. It's just rude and rather pathetic.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 9-12-15 23:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
And he asked whether it made getting off lifts and scooting around easier. He didn't ask whether it met the approval of fashion victims.
snow report
If you do choose to get one, for it to be actually of any value, I've found the really vicious spiky ones to be the most useful.

Those flat things that are basically a rubber sticker are pretty useless - you need something with some oomph to it to make any real difference.
snow report
@Kingofthec, seconded.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Well, some opinions are more fascist than others. However, implying that anybody with a stomp pad will rightly be the object of withering scorn from all the cool and right-thinking dudes is not, I admit, fascist. I was exaggerating. It's just rude and rather pathetic.

No Pam, its fun. Within all the people I snowboard with there is one guy who has a stomp pad (he doesn't need it, he's just always had them). So...we take the **** out of him. Its fun, he knows were joking, buts its fun. That's why were all here.
snow report
Absolutely fine with your mate, @eddiethebus. Not so clever, perhaps, with a comparatively newcomer who has asked a sensible question.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No, he asked for opinions which is what he got. The opinion of learn to ride properly, don't get a stomp pad is no less valid than yours. You going on calling people fashion victims, dudes, fascists etc is arguable what is "not so clever".

Its a forum for opinions. Its not Askpam.com
ski holidays
Now Boys, Calm down Smile we are all the same.
snow report
Quote:

The opinion of learn to ride properly, don't get a stomp pad is no less valid than yours

never suggested otherwise. I just think it's rude. Donald Trump's opinion is valid too, though properly fascist.

And if suggesting that one should avoid stomp pads because it's not cool and you'll be laughed at isn't being a fashion victim...... I don't know what is. Laughing
latest report
Quote:

And if suggesting that one should avoid stomp pads because it's not cool and you'll be laughed at isn't being a fashion victim...... I don't know what is

Too funny!

Mate, no one will laugh at you if you buy the nice metal stud stop pads and position correctly by the back bindings. If they do, you can just laugh back that you were trying to detract attention form their fugly face to do them a favour
snow report
Quote:

And if suggesting that one should avoid stomp pads because it's not cool and you'll be laughed at isn't being a fashion victim...... I don't know what is

Too funny!

Mate, no one will laugh at you if you buy the nice metal stud stop pads and position correctly by the back bindings. If they do, you can just laugh back that you were trying to detract attention form their fugly face to do them a favour Very Happy
snow report
Like these two:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dakine-Stomp-Pad-Star-Stud/dp/B00LTF4V8M/ref=pd_sim_sbs_200_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41kd0cBdN7L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0NN4BA2GKYSF32NJ8HVH&tag=amz07b-21

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IX65UA8?keywords=stomp+pad&qid=1449756120&ref_=sr_1_4&sr=8-4&tag=amz07b-21
snow report
@kat.ryb, both decent choices. I found it helps to put your boot on the board where it would sit if you were on it one footed. Note where your toes and heel would be and position the studs in arcs around those areas, rather than putting them under the centre of the boot - it gives you a really good grip and lets you press the edges for more control when one footed.
ski holidays
Nothing wrong with a stomp pad. Anyone who takes the wee wee has some serious sense of humour issues or is displaying the mentality of a 12 year old.
snow conditions
Scott Stevens seems to get on ok using them and I don't seem many people taking the wee wee out of him or telling him to learn to ride properly. I can happily use lifts without them but I tend to stick the Burton studs on most of my snowboards after seeing several people over the years come a cropper getting off lifts. As some people have said some top sheets are slippy as Be Nice please! with snow on them and some aren't. Most people I know use them and nobody takes the wee wee.
ski holidays
Scott stevens is friends with preston strout who runs crab grab (and yobeat) and gets paid to use them.

Entertaining thread a few years ago on the same subject over on snowboardingforum.com:

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/tips-tricks-snowboard-coaching/30099-stomp-pads-sissies.html

burtonavenger (angry snowboarder) making his feelings very clear Laughing
latest report
I crashed into my girlfriend (who is a far better snowboarder than me) coming off a chair earlier this year and she was fuming. Got a stomp pad from her for my birthday - subtle as a brick that one.

Clearly they're not for everyone, but if it helps with scooting about and coming off lifts, great. If not, well I haven't lost anything.

Haven't used it yet, but she got me this one: http://www.ss20.com/snowboarding-c2/snow-tools-tuning-spares-c22/crab-grab-mega-claws-black-blue-p29568
snow report
I hate being cool. As the king of anti-cool this thread inspired me to go out and buy my first stomp pad in years.

Got this little beauty winging it's way to me as I write.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dakine-Stomp-Pad-Star-Stud/dp/B00LTF4V8M/ref=pd_sim_sbs_200_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41kd0cBdN7L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0NN4BA2GKYSF32NJ8HVH&tag=amz07b-21

Thanks buddies!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy